Main Forums > Living With HIV

No Energy

<< < (2/7) > >>

Joe K:

--- Quote from: Zohar on April 26, 2013, 04:16:44 PM ---Are you still taking Isentress? Have you thought about monotherapy which in your case would mean continuing on your current regime but dropping Isentress? One less drug for your body to process could make a difference. Might be worth discussing this with your doc.

--- End quote ---

Why would you ever be so careless as to suggest a monotherapy for the treatment of HIV?  If you don't know what you are talking about, you should not be giving advice to others.  I suggest you educate yourself on proper HIV treatment guidelines.

Joe

Zohar:

--- Quote from: killfoile on April 26, 2013, 04:24:40 PM ---Why would you ever be so careless as to suggest a monotherapy for the treatment of HIV?  If you don't know what you are talking about, you should not be giving advice to others.  I suggest you educate yourself on proper HIV treatment guidelines.

Joe

--- End quote ---

''Boosted darunavir monotherapy works well in two studies''

http://www.aidsmap.com/Boosted-darunavir-monotherapy-works-well-in-two-studies/page/1435288/

My viral load has remained suppressed for more than 18 months on darunavir/norvir monotherapy and, germane to this thread, within a few days I felt  a lot less wiped out than when I was on combination therapy.

Matts:
Prezista Monotherapy- thats interesting, please keep us updated :)

buginme2:
Suggesting monotherapy is a bit dramatic for someone who is experiencing fatigue.  Kind of like killing an ant with a sledge hammer.

Start by finding a cause.

Get your testosterone levels checked.
A cbc to make sure you are not anemic.
Ask for a thyroid panel. Make sure they test total t4 and tsh (low thyroid can cause fatigue and occurs more often in hiv positive people, speaking from experience).

There are also a number of illnesses and conditions that can cause fatigue.  It may take some time to find the cause. I would try and be more analytic then just jumping to change meds straight away.

mikeyb39:
hi all,
thanks for the responses.  My doctor already has me taking one less med already, I don't think i want to push it, plus i'm doing ok with the combo.

I really think my issue is due to not getting enough rest/sleep and being stressed out with work or overwork i might say.  I know i have some depression a bit as well, so that may also be playing a factor as well.

i'm going to discuss on weds with the doc, i've heard of the antidepressant trazadone that also is a sedative, so maybe i will give that a shot especially if it allows me to sleep thru the night.

I don't think my testosterone is an issue, at least it wasn't a year ago when he tested it.  My friend has to take the shots and says it doesn't give him a ton of energy, it just makes him horny all the time.  Horny is the least of my worries i just want to feel like getting out and doing things.

today wrapped up a week before vacation next week, so plan on getting some rest.  gonna go to Augusta GA to visit a friend middle of next week, so that maybe will do me some good to get out of town for a few days.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version