Main Forums > Living With HIV

No Energy

(1/7) > >>

mikeyb39:
Here recently i have just had zero amount of energy.  I've been working a lot getting up at 430am.  I want to think the problem is sleep.  I just don't know what to do.  i've discussed it with my doctor and i've been taking ambien and it helps me fall asleep, but only for about a few hours then im back up again.

I literally crash at work around lunch time, which for me is about 11am, i could just crawl under the desk and sleep for hours it feels like.  I get hot flashes like i'm going thru a mid-life crisis.

I have another doctor appointment next week for labs, i'm going to have him check things again.  Maybe i need something different than the ambien to allow me to sleep thru the night

This may be too much information, but my sexual desire has disappeared,  i don't even have the energy to go out and meet folks

i take my multi vitamins, eat pretty well, exercise, but i feel like i'm going to fall over sometimes, I really do.

i'm I the only one in this situations.  how should i fix it,

please give me some thoughts.

LiveWithIt:
I have zero energy too, but I'm depressed right now and in a rut I can't seem to get out of.   Everything seems overwhelming and I save my energy for things I have to do like food shopping. 

Zohar:
My energy levels have crashed in the few years. Yep, it could be getting older, but I think it's far more likely to be HIV related. I noticed that when I started taking treatment the fatigue became far worse, and I've never really recovered. I have better moments but on the whole, I'm pretty shattered most of the time. I've discussed it with my doctor, who ran some tests and the only one that came back as abnormal was vitamin D, so I was given a shot for that and also take supplements. It's possibly made a small difference, so perhaps this might be worth speaking to your doctor about, but don't expect miracles.

LiveWithIt:

--- Quote from: Zohar on April 26, 2013, 05:19:40 AM ---My energy levels have crashed in the few years. Yep, it could be getting older, but I think it's far more likely to be HIV related. I noticed that when I started taking treatment the fatigue became far worse, and I've never really recovered. I have better moments but on the whole, I'm pretty shattered most of the time. I've discussed it with my doctor, who ran some tests and the only one that came back as abnormal was vitamin D, so I was given a shot for that and also take supplements. It's possibly made a small difference, so perhaps this might be worth speaking to your doctor about, but don't expect miracles.

--- End quote ---

I had the same problem with low vitamin D and the doctor told me to take vitamins for it.  You can get it from the sun but if you have no energy you don't want to go out.  I tired a B12 shot and that only gave me energy for a day or so.  I always take a multiple vitamin anyway with my meds.

Zohar:
Are you still taking Isentress? Have you thought about monotherapy which in your case would mean continuing on your current regime but dropping Isentress? One less drug for your body to process could make a difference. Might be worth discussing this with your doc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version