Main Forums > Living With HIV

DEAD ..... because the pills were to BIG !

<< < (2/7) > >>

tednlou2:
Weasel,

I'm sorry to hear about your friend, and my condolences to you.  I cannot understand the thinking of allowing yourself to die.  I mean, unless you're not in your right mind.  Or, if you had battled illness and were just done and ready to go.  But, it sounds like your friend chose not to take meds, before getting to that point. 

Death scares the hell out of me.  I would do whatever I needed to do to stay alive.  I think about sitting outside tonight with my partner, with a fire going and the moon so big.  We watched the Space Station fly over tonight.  I want many more of those nights.  I want to have thousands more serious discussions, as well as the silly ones.  Again, I understand those in deep depression or with psychiatric disorders may not be thinking clearly.

I am also sorry to hear you've not been feeling well.  I hope that is temporary and you'll be back to feeling better soon.

Take care,

Ted

LiveWithIt:

--- Quote from: tednlou2 on April 25, 2013, 11:06:09 PM ---
Death scares the hell out of me.  I would do whatever I needed to do to stay alive.  I think about sitting outside tonight with my partner, with a fire going and the moon so big.  We watched the Space Station fly over tonight.  I want many more of those nights. 

--- End quote ---

When life is good it's worth living.  Death scares me too, but right now I"m in a horrible rut that I have been in for 7 months since my only friend got mad at me and stopped talking to me.  I even told him how depressed I was and that I was not doing well and he didn't even care.  I'm hoping he's on some good drugs and will get over it at some point because I didn't know he could be so heartless.  I think I miss my friends dog more than I miss him, he was the greatest sweetest creature I ever met.  Always happy to see me and I felt the same.

When you don't have any friends life is hard.  I just do the minimum to get by and keep putting things off because everything seems so overwhelming.

Zohar:
''Guys that just give up ! That just makes me wonder why I spend so
much time to stay around and live a life of hell at times''.

At the end of the day, if someone decides to not take HIV medication that is their choice. People know the risks. Obviously, it's tragic when someone dies, especially when their death could have been avoided, but I don't see what that has got to do with your own health and medication choices.

mecch:

--- Quote from: Zohar on April 26, 2013, 04:37:02 AM ---, but I don't see what that has got to do with your own health and medication choices.

--- End quote ---

Its partly "there but for the grace of God go I."   

Consider this, Zohar: witnessing someone strip a dilemma down to a cold and existential binary, (cold, but compelling) and choose what most people consider the bleak path, or crazy path, or nihilistic path, makes one wonder... Well, how secure is my own, "healthy" or "sane", path?  How secure is my own fortune, or am I deluded that I live in good fortune?  How rational is the "common wisdom" choice?  Is God keeping me on the good way? Is it my family and network? Is it my own strength?

Questions like those might arise.  Can you see it now?

mitch777:
Hi Carl,

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend.
I don't even want to speculate what was possibly going on with his mind.
It's heartbreaking, but please remember that you are not him.
You have always been a kind soul here and it is hard to hear about your pain.
(emotional and physical)

We all can get in our funky periods that can feel like we're stuck in a rut for awhile.
Somehow we get through them and return to the ability to focus on the parts of life that make us smile and laugh.

Wish I could offer better advice but hope you know that we are here for you.
A big >HUG< from me! :)

My thoughts are with you.

m.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version