Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

Why Would A Guy Beg You to Text Him, But then Won't Respond At All?

(1/4) > >>

RobbyR:
Kinda wondering, I get these friend requests from guys on Facebook, and usually I don't actually know them, although occasionally I do. I try mostly to keep my friends to people I've actually met in person and know on Facebook. Recently a really nice goodlooking guy chatted me up and said he liked all my pictures.

He seemed sweet, and I have been out of the dating scene for awhile, and am totally happy being single, but I do always leave the door open somewhat. This particular guy started saying stuff like he would like to be "that guy" for me, and begged me to text him. I did, and we texted some.

He is a very handsome guy. But ever since that first night or so when he chatted me up, he suddenly won't return any of my texts. So what I'm wondering is why would a guy request to be your friend and say all this stuff about thinking I'm hot and want to take me out on a date, and give me his number (which I didn't ask for), and now won't even return my texts? Is he just a big bullshitter?

I mean, maybe I'm different, but I wouldn't send someone a friend request and say a bunch of flattering things, and say "I want to date you" and stuff, and then suddenly not even respond to the texts. So what gives.

Maybe I just have a very very low tolerance for bullshit lol.

mecch:

--- Quote from: RobbyR on April 25, 2013, 07:11:12 PM ---So what I'm wondering is why would a guy request to be your friend and say all this stuff about thinking I'm hot and want to take me out on a date, and give me his number (which I didn't ask for), and now won't even return my texts? Is he just a big bullshitter?

I mean, maybe I'm different, but I wouldn't send someone a friend request and say a bunch of flattering things, and say "I want to date you" and stuff, and then suddenly not even respond to the texts. So what gives.

Maybe I just have a very very low tolerance for bullshit lol.

--- End quote ---

People pull such bullshit all the time on cruisy sites so I guess people might do the same via Facebook. I dunno.  You wouldn't be so tacky so try not to let this tacky guy get to you.

tednlou2:
Could be his wife or boyfriend were out of town, so the cat was playing?

buginme2:
Beer goggles

OneTampa:
Maybe he wants to show off his messages received count.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version