Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Questions About Treatment & Side Effects

Drug combo: Prezista, Norvir & Truvada.

<< < (2/4) > >>

jaace24:
Labs came back and show kidneys and liver in normal range!  Yay!

ChefDD:
 :( I was on the same combo and it did wonders until the doctor checked my bone density. Have you had a base line bone density check? Unfortunately, after taking 2 years of Actonel my problem worsened to a point where I'm classified as high risk for bone fracture. Truvada was dropped due to it's possible link to lowering bone density. I have taken two treatments of Reclast and have improved slightly. Relcast is a once a year IV treatment. Moral of the story...if you are take Truvada....check you bone density asap and keep track of it .

Edgardo:
I have been reading the posts on here to get a little more information. I was diagnosed positive in March, and today is my 1st day taking the meds. I am on this combo: Truvada, novir, & Prezista.
I didn't feel any side effects until about 3 hours after I took the pills. First, I started feeling very bloated. I thought it was from me drinking so much water, but I spent the next hours on the toilet with diarrhea; all I ate came right out of me.
Have anybody experience this with this combo? How long does it last? It was awful, and I am even afraid to take them tomorrow. I thought about calling the doctor, but I thought about giving it another day or two for my body to get adjusted to the pills, and if there's no change, go back to see the doctor. I couldn't get any work done, I fell weak all afternoon at work.
Just a little scared  :o

Jeff G:

--- Quote from: Edgardo on June 11, 2013, 08:39:58 PM ---I have been reading the posts on here to get a little more information. I was diagnosed positive in March, and today is my 1st day taking the meds. I am on this combo: Truvada, novir, & Prezista.
I didn't feel any side effects until about 3 hours after I took the pills. First, I started feeling very bloated. I thought it was from me drinking so much water, but I spent the next hours on the toilet with diarrhea; all I ate came right out of me.
Have anybody experience this with this combo? How long does it last? It was awful, and I am even afraid to take them tomorrow. I thought about calling the doctor, but I thought about giving it another day or two for my body to get adjusted to the pills, and if there's no change, go back to see the doctor. I couldn't get any work done, I fell weak all afternoon at work.
Just a little scared  :o

--- End quote ---

Hi Edgardo , don't be afraid to take loperamide or Imodium after ever trip to the toilet , it wont hurt to take it that much .

Your body may take a short time to get used to the meds but you will adjust . The norvir part of the combo did that to me before it got better .

Try not to be too upset , if things don't work out there are other combos , just give this one a couple of weeks and see what happens .

Edgardo:

--- Quote from: Jeff G on June 11, 2013, 10:03:41 PM ---Hi Edgardo , don't be afraid to take loperamide or Imodium after ever trip to the toilet , it wont hurt to take it that much .

Your body may take a short time to get used to the meds but you will adjust . The norvir part of the combo did that to me before it got better .

Try not to be too upset , if things don't work out there are other combos , just give this one a couple of weeks and see what happens .

--- End quote ---

Thank you Jeff, I will give it a try and see if things get better in the couple of weeks. It is almost time for my 2nd dose  :o Hope, I feel less pain today.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version