Main Forums > Someone I Care About Has HIV

An Update

<< < (4/6) > >>

Ann:
Hi Clara.

I merged your new thread with your original thread - for the simple fact that I had to go back and read it again to know what you were updating us about. Having the whole story in one place will make it easier for people to reply.

Your partner's CD4 (at last count) was more than respectable. The most important number while on meds is the VL - provided the CD4s are above 200, and his were 1000 above that mark. That's why the doctor isn't concerned about his CD4s.

Don't get me wrong - I totally understand wanting to know. It would drive me bonkers if my doctor wasn't regularly checking my CD4s. Some doctors don't seem to understand how important knowing those numbers can be to our emotional well-being.

I hope things work out well concerning his VL, TDM and his meds. Good luck and please do keep us posted.

Ann

Clara zetkin:
Hello Ann! and thank you. I appreciate you taking the time to do this for me and reply (while reassuring me).

As for keeping you posted, I most definitely will.
As I said before, I think this is an excellent forum! [been reading it for a very long time...] (also, I believe, in part thanks to the work that administrators and moderators put in ;)).

Ciao,

Clara

mitch777:

--- Quote from: Clara zetkin on June 27, 2013, 11:51:16 AM ---Hello Ann! and thank you. I appreciate you taking the time to do this for me and reply (while reassuring me).

As for keeping you posted, I most definitely will.
As I said before, I think this is an excellent forum! [been reading it for a very long time...] (also, I believe, in part thanks to the work that administrators and moderators put in ;)).

Ciao,

Clara

--- End quote ---

Hi Clara!
Sorry for a very delayed welcome. :-[
Your posts have been so kind and considerate.
You seem to be so well informed and learning in depth for someone you care deeply about.
Nice that you joined us. :)
m.

Clara zetkin:
Ok - edit to my previous post where I talked about Truvada.

What I should have said is:
Now, reading here from some of you about not having nice CD4 results on Truvada, I was a little concerned about it. But I also read here and elsewhere of others having very good results on it...! So, I suppose, the concern comes with the uncertainty or unknownness of change more than having thing else...(although as the doctor said, he always has the possibility to go back to Kivexa  ;)).

Clara zetkin:
Hello Mitch! no worries :D and thank you. I feel welcome. :)

C.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version