Main Forums > Someone I Care About Has HIV

An Update

<< < (3/6) > >>

Clara zetkin:
Yes, here at this hospital (UK based) they use the under 50 mark.

I suppose we'll have to ask her again about the alleged increase in blips to make sure we understood it correctly. It could have been just a reassuring thing on her part (i.e., there are others in your situation; don't worry).

Anyhow, this is interesting and, as always, v. useful.

Muchas gracias!  :)

Clara zetkin:
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to update you about my “friend’s situation. The msg is for those who have helped me and those who might be interested and/or might have similar problems.

At his last visit (last week), his viral load was still detectable at 200; so less than last time (400) but not enough to make a real difference, the doctor said. Also, because she was still unsure about what to do next, and also because I thought they were very valid!, I mentioned Matt’s suggestions to her. Ok, at first she was a little taken aback but then come to the view that to change Kivexa for Truvada was worth giving it a try; although she wasn’t too keen in changing the Darunavir dosing and in adding Raltegravir to the mix as yet. These, she said, are all possible options but maybe in a later time. He has started the Truvada today.

What she said she would do is the TDM  test (and this is also the reason why I did not want to press on the twice a day Darunavir for now...as I thought the test will tell us whether is absorbing the drugs anyway). And she also mentioned the possibility of doing a further resistance test later on – a test that she says check for minimal resistance and you do not need to have lot of virus in the blood.

Now, I have one more question about Truvada. Reading here from some of you who say they are not having nice CD4 results, I am a little concerned about it. But should I be? Or is it just that, as for every drugs, they work for some, whist for others they do not?

Ah, one more thing, his CD4 was not taken...I know!! I think it is about time and thought they were going to check it this time (that was what the doctor said last time; it has been 6 months from his last count..). But the doctor stressed again that she is not concerned about that. In any case, I will make sure it’s taken next time.

All the very best to you all,

Clara

ps. Apart from the long term survivors, can I comment on other forums? Thanks.

Jeff G:
Hi Clara and thanks for the Update , you are a rare and true friend .

As a caregiver you are allowed to post in this forum and off topic , off topic is an HIV free zone when it comes to discussion .

Clara zetkin:
Thank you for your quick reply Jeff. You always make me feel welcome here.  ;)
I might post in the off topic then sometimes...some interesting topics there too.

Jeff G:

--- Quote from: Clara zetkin on June 26, 2013, 09:58:38 PM ---Thank you for your quick reply Jeff. You always make me feel welcome here.  ;)
I might post in the off topic then sometimes...some interesting topics there too.

--- End quote ---

:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version