Main Forums > Living With HIV

Scholarship in Germany with HIV?

<< < (2/4) > >>

EstAle:
Can I refuse to present the hiv test results?

mecch:

--- Quote from: EstAle on April 22, 2013, 06:30:34 PM ---Can I refuse to present the hiv test results?

--- End quote ---
I have no idea. Im in Switzerland, not Germany, and I never heard of this program. But I'll email them to see what I can get out of them.
Did some institution in your country play the middleman for the grant? Or did you get it through direct contact with DAAD.  Or did your Stuttgart institution get the grant for you?

You can private message me with info if you don't want to post this stuff here. 

Anqueetas:

--- Quote from: mecch on April 22, 2013, 01:03:20 PM ---Glossar
Gesundheitszeugnis
https://www.daad.de/glossar/en/Gesundheitszeugnis--137/

Before issuing a residence permit, the foreigners' authorities in some federal states demand that persons entering Germany from certain countries provide a health certificate indicating HIV infection or cases of tuberculosis.

It does not say which German states require this.  It does not say if HIV+ status is disqualifying..  It might be they need to know, but might still give the residence permit. 

IF you want to be honest, and submit a factual health certificate, and if you are afraid it will disqualify you, perhaps you could contact DAAD anonymously to ask the question about whether or not HIV+ status is disqualifying???
https://www.daad.de/portrait/kontakt/08983.de.html

If you don't want to risk that, or don't know how to contact, I guess I could give it a try for you....  I'm a professor in Europe so I could just ask them for the info, say I'm inquiring on behalf of a student, and see if I get an answer.  Let me know...

--- End quote ---

I read before that Bavaria require foreigner that want to stay longer than 3 months, must produce an HIV negative certificate.

mecch:
Yes I believe that is the issue - what is the individual State's (in Germany) regulation on the visa.  Note that the OP will study in citystate (Stadkreis) that is not Bavaria, so should inquire what the regulation is for that city.

Any Germans (or others) here familiar with these rules might well contact the OP via PM with information.... 

Since2005:
Daad is a good scholarship as far as I knew. I believe HIV testing requirements are coming from the state/country.

I am personally happy HIV mandatory testing requirements for Green Card processing here in USA is not required any longer.

To OP, it is unfortunate that we HIVers still face these types of discrimination
around the world. You have worked hard to get the scholarship. I am sure you had to go through a lot of competition to get it. I hope everything works out for you because you deserve it! Good luck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version