HIV Prevention and Testing > Am I Infected?

Anal frottage?

(1/2) > >>

Elevinas:
I had a possible exposure last week that I'm concerned about.

Last week I had sex with a man I only know fairly well (I am male as well). While anal sex was never intended, at one point the tip of my (bare) penis briefly pressed against his anus. I immediately pulled back and asked him if was teasing for unprotected sex; he said no and that he only has protected anal sex and had brought condoms in case we were to go that far.

Because I have almost exclusively been a bottom in my sexual history, it is difficult for me to tell whether or not there was even the slightest bit of penetration. All I can go by is that I did not feel any pressure and it may have been more of a touch than anything else. Should I be concerned about this or am I overreacting?

I have asked him on a few occasions if he's HIV- and had testing for STDs done and he said he had, but of course, you can never be sure if a person is lying or not about these things.

Thank you for your consideration.

jkinatl2:
What you describe is frottage, and is not a risk for HIV. I rather think both of you would have known had you entered him. Your description sounds like safer sex, and there's no reason to test over that event.

Wear a condom for anal sex and you will avoid HIV.

Elevinas:
Thank you for your reply. I suppose I am worrying needlessly. Insertion would have been obvious, especially in the absence of any sort of lubrication, right?

Andy Velez:
Especially in the absence of any lubrication, you guys would have known penetration had taken place. Stop worrying and get on with your life. Really.

And make sure you keep condoms handy if you decide to go further.

jkinatl2:

--- Quote from: Elevinas on April 16, 2013, 06:14:26 PM ---Thank you for your reply. I suppose I am worrying needlessly. Insertion would have been obvious, especially in the absence of any sort of lubrication, right?

--- End quote ---

Absolutely.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version