Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

Explosions At Boston Marathon

<< < (2/43) > >>

bocker3:
NBC news didn't want to call the JFK "incident" an explosion -- but the Boston Police Commissioner did during a new conference.  So, I think there is still some confusion, as I think I'd believe him over CNN.

Now over 100 injured.

tednlou2:
The President to speak at 6:10pm EDT.

Miss Philicia:

--- Quote from: bocker3 on April 15, 2013, 05:49:41 PM ---NBC news didn't want to call the JFK "incident" an explosion -- but the Boston Police Commissioner did during a new conference.  So, I think there is still some confusion, as I think I'd believe him over CNN.

--- End quote ---

That's nice, but the Boston Police Commissione just said otherwise. It was an unrelated fire.

And for some of the reporting going around via Murdoch's NY Post and being repeated on Faux News, there IS NO ONE IN CUSTODY, much less a Saudi national. This is also repeated by the Boston Police Commissioner.

bocker3:
Yes, the Commisioner did just back off his earlier statement.  It was so far away, that it did not make much sense, but you would think the Police Commisioner would know when to say rhings.

Mike

tednlou2:
I finally made contact with my friend in the race.  He crossed the finish line before this happened.  I knew he had friends running, so I did have some concern he may have waited in the spectator area to watch them cross, as he usually beats them. 

I does make you think.  He had called last night to talk.  He wants me to run in a marathon with him, back in our hometown this fall.  I missed it, and then didn't feel like returning the call.  I am not sure I want to commit to that, so instead I put off the call.  I did get to talk to him briefly this morning, but I will always try to call everyone back from now on. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version