Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Mental Health & HIV

Didn't realize how having HIV affected me

<< < (3/10) > >>

wow1969:

--- Quote from: jkinatl2 on April 05, 2013, 02:25:29 AM ---I can say this. I wouldn't mind a little less character and a little less pain. But I'm here now, and so are you. The future is our only real chance, and the present is our opportunity. Maybe in five years there will be a working cure. Maybe we will chug pills every day. For you, that might be a completely normal life span. Hell, for me too even, odds be damned.

It's cold comfort to know you are nowhere near alone, but it's the comfort you get sometimes. I have nothing but good wishes for you during this journey. You already know it's not easy. The trick is to make certain you get your money's worth.

--- End quote ---

You and me both. I could live with a little less character :-)

Yup, I think that is what I"m finally trying to do ... Get my money's worth

mike88:
Thanks for sharing, this had been a very interesting and informative read for me. You are all giving some great advice and I think the more you talk about what's going on in your head the more you will be able to work through this.

Having HIV sucks and you just have get through it the best you can. I think everybody has to find their own way and the best way to do that is ask what the other person is doing try it and if if doesn't work try something else.

My way through it in the beginning was working with a therapist that helped big time and taking on the mind set that my new job was no longer working for someone else but working full time on myself staying healthy, mentally and physically. That's my  full time job everything else comes a distant second.

wow1969:

--- Quote from: mike88 on April 05, 2013, 12:33:30 PM ---Thanks for sharing, this had been a very interesting and informative read for me. You are all giving some great advice and I think the more you talk about what's going on in your head the more you will be able to work through this.

Having HIV sucks and you just have get through it the best you can. I think everybody has to find their own way and the best way to do that is ask what the other person is doing try it and if if doesn't work try something else.

My way through it in the beginning was working with a therapist that helped big time and taking on the mind set that my new job was no longer working for someone else but working full time on myself staying healthy, mentally and physically. That's my  full time job everything else comes a distant second.

--- End quote ---

Thank you Mike and everyone who has responded and actually said ... YUP IT SUCKS!!!! ... It does and it's good to have that acknowledged ...

I think I'm in a similiar mindset ... I just call it wanting to be happy .. But that means taking care of me ... It's probably the reason I'm currently dealing with the emotions associated with having HIV ... I'm taking care of me and yes, it's a fulltime job :-) Thankfully I like the boss

buginme2:
Hey I was thinking after I posted last night that I forgot something that is important.

Yes HIV sucks, and its a big deal and has a lot of physical and emotional and even mental baggage that comes along with it.

However, you can live a happy and full life not because of HIV but despite it.  It shouldn't stop you from living the life  that's right for you, obtaining the job you like, the education you strive for and the relationship/s that fulfill you. 

Take the sucky part, acknowledge it, set it aside, and move forward.

mike88:
 "I'm taking care of me and yes, it's a fulltime job :-) Thankfully I like the boss"

Nice, great line, I love it and it sounds like your going to be just fine !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version