Main Forums > Living With HIV

Someone Who Isn't Me

<< < (2/3) > >>

mecch:
oksikoko - nice to see you!
Hope you are a successful angel on this quest.  :D

thunter34:

--- Quote from: Miss Philicia on April 02, 2013, 04:10:02 PM ---ASO's can usually fill out an "emergency form" for one months of meds.

--- End quote ---

Not here in Georgia.  The moment your eligibility expires, the wheels stop.  No meds - none - nada - zilch -until you get all your T's crossed and I's dotted.  With duplicates.

tednlou2:
Oksikoko,

I hope your efforts work out for your friend.  And, I hope you will come back and keep in touch here. 

Miss Philicia:

--- Quote from: thunter34 on April 02, 2013, 09:46:00 PM ---Not here in Georgia.  The moment your eligibility expires, the wheels stop.  No meds - none - nada - zilch -until you get all your T's crossed and I's dotted.  With duplicates.

--- End quote ---

I had it done here when I moved from NYC, one month only while my application was being processed. Grant it this was 9 years ago, nor is it heavily advertised and must be signed by both a case worker and a medical doctor.

My eligibility wasn't "expired" because I was a new applicant -- perhaps that is the difference. You know, like when someone is on death's door in an emergency room they will expedite your application.

BT65:
At the ASO I work at, though it's not advertised, we are often able to get our hands on actual meds for someone who has a temporary window of being without them.  Some doctors actually get samples, and we get them from the doctor, or when people change meds they often donate the ones they will no longer be taking. 

I would check with the ASO's in your area.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version