Main Forums > I Just Tested Poz

Test positive today

<< < (3/3)

jkinatl2:

--- Quote from: gadawg1979 on April 01, 2013, 12:11:50 AM ---Did u use someone in atl. Did u disclose? Looking for another

As for energy mine has gotten much better since meds

--- End quote ---

I used someone in New Orleans, and I disclosed. But living in Atlanta with it's significant HIV population, why not just get one of the local bar rags and see if there's a gay/poz friendly tat artist near you? Or  just pick up the phone and cal around. Most if not all of them will have no problems - and any that do, you;d be smart to avoid for serious Hep reasons, as they clearly wither do not understand or do not follow standard safety protocol.

Ann:

--- Quote from: Keepstrong on March 29, 2013, 08:48:37 PM ---
If spoken to health advisor and asked a few questions but a couple i forgotten at the time.

--- End quote ---

Hi Graham, welcome to the forums.

You should get yourself a small notebook. Every time you think of a question for your doctor or health advisor, write it down and leave a space for the answer.

Make sure you take the notebook with you to your appointments - get a small one that will fit in a pocket.

And make sure you write the answers down, even if it's just a few words to jog your memory. It's amazing how easy it is to forget what was said once you walk out the office/clinic door.

I still have a Q&A notebook for my appointments and I've been at this for quite a while now.

I also have a full record of my CD4s and VL numbers in my notebook. It often helps both you and your doctor to have the whole record written down in one place.

Hang in there - it gets better. It really does.

Ann

Keepstrong:
Hi ppl.

Thanks for the answers and positive minds :).

That's good idea Ann ill get on to that.

I have seemed to notice my pupils are larger than normal lol. Is this anything to do with hiv or am I just freaking out haha.

Does anyone travel overseas for work with hiv? How does it affect getting visa? My work are currently trying to obtain American working visa. Any knowledge on this anyone?

Thanks
Keepstrong

songs06:

--- Quote from: Keepstrong on April 04, 2013, 04:01:32 PM ---Hi ppl.

Thanks for the answers and positive minds :).

That's good idea Ann ill get on to that.

I have seemed to notice my pupils are larger than normal lol. Is this anything to do with hiv or am I just freaking out haha.

Does anyone travel overseas for work with hiv? How does it affect getting visa? My work are currently trying to obtain American working visa. Any knowledge on this anyone?

Thanks
Keepstrong

--- End quote ---

usa don't check for hiv for visa anymore. you can check this site for other countries as well:

http://www.hivrestrictions.org/

also, larger pupils are not caused by HIV, i am sure about it. but you know, pupils might get larger at dark, or in darker areas. also some other meds might get pupils larger. you can check here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mydriasis

but i think it is just your mirror is in a dark room :)

Keepstrong:
Hey

I haven't posted in couple weeks. Just been getting on with things :).

My VL was 83k from blood test on 29/3/13

Just got my cd4 level at 358 from test on 15/4/13.

Cd4 seems low but I feel well and truly good. Is 358 okay count? I'm just a lil confused y I feel fine at that level.

Thanks
Graham

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version