Main Forums > Living With HIV

Lab timing dilemma

(1/1)

Cojo:
This may seem trivial, but it is driving me crazy at the moment.

I am on an every three month labs plan to get my VL, Cd4s etc. I was going to go tomorrow and then see my doctor two weeks later for results. Problem is, I feel pretty crappy right now ( flu like ) and I have read many times that being ill can seriously affect your numbers in a downward way. If I get a low number, it creates incredible anxiety for me as many of you will note from my other posts.

From that end, I am thinking of not doing labs this week which will then bring another four weeks along before I can do the labs because I will be travelling.

So the question is..... is it detrimental or problematic for me to self determine that I will do my labs at month 5 this time rather than month three? I have a repeat on my meds to last me until late June so that is not a concern. Thoughts?

buginme2:

--- Quote from: Cojo on March 26, 2013, 05:56:54 PM ---

So the question is..... is it detrimental or problematic for me to self determine that I will do my labs at month 5 this time rather than month three? I have a repeat on my meds to last me until late June so that is not a concern. Thoughts?

--- End quote ---

Detrimental? Problematic? No.  But it's not necessary.

It's not like your numbers are going to crash because you have the flu.  Even if they are lower, so what.  Your numbers like everyone else's fluctuate every day. 

Think of it this way.  You are avoiding seeking medical care because you don't feel we'll. 

Cojo:
Good perspective, thank you.
I read a report recently that pointed out that getting CD4 counts once a year was sufficient and it would reduce patient stress - do I ever agree!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version