Off Topic Forums > Forums Gatherings

What is AMG?

(1/6) > >>

bocker3:
Can someone give me an idea on what AMG is all about (and what the acronym stands for-- maybe AidsMeds Gathering??) -- or direct me to a thread that explains it?  I know there has been some controversy around this, but I'm not really interested in that -- I would, however, be interested in any gathering where I could meet some of the great folks I see in these forums.

thanks so much,
Mike

RAB:
Bocker

Your guess was right.  AMG = AIDSMeds Gathering.

We've had three so far.  The first was in Toronto, there was a more regional type one in Nashville, (both of those were in 2005) and the most recent was in Montreal.

I wish I could direct you to a thread about the Montreal gathering, but the moderators decided to remove the thread with all the great information about AMG 06 (something I personally feel wasn't a good idea!  But what do I know?   ::))

We are currently planning our gathering for next year, titled AMG 07.  We have two threads going until the end of October, where members can suggest locations and dates.  Presumably once those suggestions are made, the co-coordinators (Ric and Emeraldize) will narrow the field down and we'll vote for the site/date in November.

Check out the two threads I mentioned about location/date, and if you've got ideas please post them there.

AMG would not only give you the chance to meet others as you mentioned, it also (or at least for me personally) is the single most fulfilling experience I've had the chance to experience.

RAB

(Who is an AMG addict!   ;))

Ann:
Ahem... Rab...

We did NOT remove the 2006 AMG thread. When we unstickied it (which you agreed to), it slipped back into the correct timeline for when it was posted. It's the very first (last) thread in this forum, currently over on page five. You can link to it in one of the current stickies if you like.

AGM 2006 Montreal

--- Code: ---[url=http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=222.0][b]AGM 2006 Montreal[/b][/url]
--- End code ---

Ann

gerry:

--- Quote from: RAB on October 14, 2006, 06:17:27 PM ---We've had three so far.  The first was in Toronto, there was a more regional type one in Nashville, (both of those were in 2005) and the most recent was in Montreal.

--- End quote ---

There was a fourth one recently in Amsterdam as well.

RAB:
Oops!   :-[

I stand corrected on both counts.  (See thread titled "My Dirty Little Secret".)

RAB

(Who didn't know that "unstickied" was actually a word!   ???)

(spell check doesn't either apparently)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version