HIV Prevention and Testing > Am I Infected?

secretions In shower

(1/1)

izzyhelp:
Hello, this past saturday I was going to take a shower but the drain was clogged with hair. The last person to take a shower had just walked out a couple minutes before without uncloggin the drain. I'm scared that they had masturbated and left some ejaculate in the tub and then I cleaned up the mess. I'm worried because I had a minor nick/cut on my thumb that was summerged in the dirty water when trying to remove the hair to unclogg the drain. This cut was about 2 hours old, not bleeding but still dint seem dry. I asked medhelp and doctor said it was a NO risk. I just need a second opinion. If I dint have the small cut on my thumb I wouldnt be worried but that was not the case. Is this even remotely and hiv risk?  Thanks in advance

RapidRod:
HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions; therefore, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host.

HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex
Sharing works with other IV drug users
Mother to child

You never had an exposure.

izzyhelp:
Thanks for the quick reply. That's 2 different sources saying no risk. I'm going to try and relax thanks for your input.

Ann:
Izzy,

I'm a third person telling you that you had NO RISK.

Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus that is primarily transmitted INSIDE the human body, as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse where the virus never leaves the confines of the two bodies.

Once outside the body, small changes in temperature, and pH and moisture content all quickly damage the virus and render it unable to infect. For this reason you had no risk by possibly touching someone else's cum in the shower.

Someone could have actually masturbated in front of you and cum on your cut thumb, and you still would not have had a risk.

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED TO TEST FOR HIV OVER TOUCHING CUM IN A SHOWER, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version