Main Forums > Living With HIV

Lab Question

<< < (2/2)

MiniPozToyota:
Must have been someone not doing their job and sending off to the lab in time, re did the labs and my cd4 is 867 and VL UD so I probably wont be going back to that hospital.

bocker3:

--- Quote from: MiniPozToyota on March 26, 2013, 09:57:22 PM ---Must have been someone not doing their job and sending off to the lab in time, re did the labs and my cd4 is 867 and VL UD so I probably wont be going back to that hospital.

--- End quote ---

Another possibility is that your outlier result was, in fact, a true result.  So many things can impact your CD4s, that this simply can't be discounted.
Now -- labs can and do make "errors" and couriers can, and do, mishandle specimens, but if they were constant issues it would be known and it would be rectified. 
Just had to throw this out there because folks are always very quick to blame the lab for a result that seems outside their norm -- I've worked and labs and had the occassional "mishap" -- but I always owned up to it and called the doc and/or patient to let them know a new specimen was needed.  I would NEVER report results that I knew could be erroneous -- NEVER.
So -- you can avoid that hospital, but if it was a "true" result, it could appear again anywhere and if it was a lab or a handling error --- they too, can (and do) happen at all labs.

Glad your repeat test came out as you hoped though.....

Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version