Main Forums > Positive Women

My day is good...

(1/1)

idee:
I am going to seee my therapist today and I get to wear my new summer dress. Yay! I type on here hoping to talk to other HIV positive people.
I really don't have much to say I guess other than I hope everyone who reads this is doing well.
I don't have any real medical conditions other than my over-weightness. I need to lose 50 pounds and still I will be five pounds over weight. But that is ok with me. I joined weight watchers five days ago and I have stuck to my diet. Ok I had chocolate milk this morning. twice. But I counted that into my point system and I am doing good still. I hope to lose one pound by this wednesday when they weigh me in.
I do go to school, college, and this girl in my class is also on weight watchers and knows of my health. She is cool, so we talk of how our diets are going and the point system that it all works on.
I did recently treat myself to new clothes, without my husband's knowledge. I used a credit card. I bought four new summer shirts, two pairs of crops, a pair of burmudas, and a summer dress.
So this is wear my life is at, at the moment. Not really much going on.
I hope whoever reads this is in good health and leave a comment on anything. I like talking or typing.

27years:
keep up the happy spirit its good for you, lucky you talking about summer. i will be stuck indoors because its snowing outside too bad. Hope all goes well with your weight loss, give us hints and tips about it. enjoy the rest of the day

Ann:
Hi Idee!

Could I make a respectful request? When you change the font colour to one that is rather light, like yellow, pink or orange, it can make your post very difficult to read. I felt like I was going to go cross-eyed when reading your post just now!

By all means, change the colour of your font, but it may be better if you use one of the darker colours, like purple, navy, blue, red, green, or even brown. Teal is nice too and so is maroon.

I find that if I also add bold to a colour such as red or teal it makes it even easier to see/read. It might work to a certain extent with pink as well, but I won't know until I post this! :D (I just did a preview and no, it doesn't really help.)

To add bold to your coloured font, the coding goes like this (using red as the example colour):

--- Code: --- [color=red][b]insert text here[/b][/color]
--- End code ---

insert text here

ANYWAY!!!   that was done like this:
--- Code: --- [color=teal][b][i]ANYWAY!!![/i][/b][/color]
--- End code ---

My mother was on Weight Watchers back in the day (1970s) but from what I understand, it is a MUCH better program now days. Better as in easier to follow, more nutritionally sound, and easier to lose weight while on it.

I know that even here on the Isle of Man (where new grocery products can take ages to appear on our shelves) you can buy ready-meals put out by Weight Watchers, to make it easier when you're the only one in your family who is following the program. Have a look around the grocery stores in your area - they may stock these ready-meals and I've even seen things like chocolate milk (I love chocolate milk!) and other dessert type WW items available.

I hope your experience with WW goes well and you get to your target weight quickly. Don't stress about a little "cheat" now and then - hey, life has to be fun as well. Just don't think that you have to give up because of the occasional slip. Just let it go and continue on with the program.

Good luck and keep us posted as to how it goes!

Hugs,
Ann
xxx

worried100:
Idee!

When i tested positive my weight went up to 12 stone 10 pounds (169 pounds) I joined weight watchers and i am now 10 stone 11 pounds(141 pounds)

I thought i could never lose this weight as i am on meds but it seems to be working. I have 14 more pounds to lose, i am short so i shoud lose more to be at my correct BMI but i am quite happy to just lose the stone.

You can do it!

Worried
xxx

idee:

--- Quote from: worried100 on March 19, 2013, 05:09:59 PM ---Idee!

When i tested positive my weight went up to 12 stone 10 pounds (169 pounds) I joined weight watchers and i am now 10 stone 11 pounds(141 pounds)

I thought i could never lose this weight as i am on meds but it seems to be working. I have 14 more pounds to lose, i am short so i shoud lose more to be at my correct BMI but i am quite happy to just lose the stone.

You can do it!

Worried
xxx

--- End quote ---

Thank you. I have fifty pounds to lose, my goal weight is 160 pounds. I let myself drink way too much soda and I guess the weight just came with it. But I am just under 5'8". And earlier today I did go for a twenty minute walk.
I was so tired after I got home that I took a nap.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version