Main Forums > AIDS Activism

Facebook's targeted advertising

<< < (3/6) > >>

Larsen:
Regardless of your quibbling and uninformed comments, I'm can guarantee you that terms of service don't trump privacy laws and disability protections. As I have said repeatedly, it is not the principle of targeted advertising - it is about scanning in order to make assumptions about personal matters like health conditions,  which is a whole different kettle of fish of targeting a Ford advert at you because you happen to have liked Ford.

Now, if you don't mind, I was asking if anyone else had noticed anything similar, not whether you happen to think that it is reasonable that Facebook exploit illness in order to monetize.

As for the rest of your banal comment, I shall just ignore it with the utter contempt it deserves.

Miss Philicia:
mebbe you should hire a lawyer ::)

Larsen:

--- Quote from: Miss Philicia on March 16, 2013, 03:22:54 PM ---mebbe you should hire a lawyer ::)
--- End quote ---

Maybe you should just find another thread to troll.

Miss Philicia:
You're making legal arguments, not me -- it's not trolling to point out that if you wish to combat the Evils of Mark Zuckerberg on the basis of what is and isn't allowed in the UK you should take appropriate action. Like I said previously, this has been going on for at least three years. If it really distresses you use twitter.

Larsen:
Yet more flamebaiting. Grow up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version