Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Nutrition & HIV

Serotonin questions

<< < (2/5) > >>

mecch:
Are you taking SSRI's now? ever tried?
Maybe ssri's could help get you psyched enough to restart the exercise routine you mentioned, and seem to value and miss.
Or testosterone.
Or "energy" pills - e.g. ritalin etc...

WillyWump:
Have you considered seeing a therapist? Some things cant be done on your own.

-Will

wolfter:

--- Quote from: mecch on March 13, 2013, 06:30:41 PM ---Are you taking SSRI's now? ever tried?
Maybe ssri's could help get you psyched enough to restart the exercise routine you mentioned, and seem to value and miss.
Or testosterone.
Or "energy" pills - e.g. ritalin etc...

--- End quote ---

I've never really tried them, although I was prescribed Paxil as a sleep aid.  It didn't help so I discontinued it.  I am psyched already about exercising, just can't do it as I can barely walk, let alone do my 6 mile runs.  I've managed to do my long bike rides on the few days when the weather cooperated.

--- Quote from: WillyWump on March 13, 2013, 11:12:37 PM ---Have you considered seeing a therapist? Some things cant be done on your own.

-Will

--- End quote ---

I'm gonna address this entire issue with my doctor a couple of weeks at our next appt.  I guess it's time for some gut level honesty with him.

All of these issues are intertwined and I need to finally deal with it.

mecch:
SSRI's might be worth a shot. Since you specifically created this thread, speaking about Serotonin. And thats the class of drug that deals with it, so discuss with the doc and or a therapist if you should try one...

WillyWump:

--- Quote from: wolfter on March 14, 2013, 09:19:09 AM ---just can't do it as I can barely walk, let alone do my 6 mile runs.  I've managed to do my long bike rides on the few days when the weather cooperated.

--- End quote ---

"exercise" does not only mean running and walking. Try throwing some weights around. Really anything to get you sweating and the heart pumping will be better than sitting around at home peering out the window at the rain.  Now you are probably going to say that you dont own weights , and that they can be expensive. But a pair of dumbells at Acadamey cost about $30. Barring that get a 5 or 10 pound sack of potatoes and lift those up and down, take it further and get a broom stick and attach the potatoes to each end, etc..

I always feel more energized and refreshed after a good workout with weights, I love the endorphins it produces  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version