Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Lipodystrophy & Metabolic Problems

PRP method - any restrictions ?

<< < (2/2)

Ann:

--- Quote from: SASA39 on March 21, 2013, 11:06:17 AM ---
"They should" are the key words....and if I ask them directly it may become suspicious

--- End quote ---

Al, you're afraid that they'll become suspicious that you have hiv? It probably wouldn't even enter their minds.

All you have to do is ask something like - "has this thing been cleaned before you're using it on me? What if the guy before me has hepatitis?"

It's a perfectly legitimate questions and should not arouse any suspicions at all. They might think you're a bit scared of being infected with something from someone else, but I can't see them thinking that you're asking because you are infected with something.

By the way, thank you for your kind words. Much appreciated.

Ann

SASA39:
Ann
I`d rather said that I`m cautious , because I do have a lot of friends within medical stuff workers in Serbia , infact this method was recommended for me by my good friend who is a doctor( and do not know anything about my status).Also this is a land where everyone tend to know everything about everyone so it is better to be safe than sorry.And about questions....you just took my words out of my mouth...that`s exactly the way that I`m going to ask them....
BTW , this method although painfull is for some the last resort before surgical procedure which I tend to avoid.
Take care
Al

Ann:

--- Quote from: SASA39 on March 22, 2013, 05:42:22 AM ---
Also this is a land where everyone tend to know everything about everyone

--- End quote ---

Well, I know all about that sort of living! The joke where I live goes like this - we live on a rock* in the middle of the Irish Sea, with 85,000 alcoholics clinging to it. If you fart in Peel, they know ten seconds later "down Ramsey". Don't ask me why, but it's always "down Ramsey", whether you're west, north or south of Ramsey. You can't be east of Ramsey unless you're in a boat. Just one of those Manx thangs. (*572 km2 / 221 sq mi)

The population in the town where I live is only about 4,500. Talk about everyone knowing your business! ;D But it's good here, because people look out for each other and help each other. There's a fantastic sense of community - even more so than any other area on the island. (The Isle of Man, btw) And you know what? My positive hiv status and that of several other people living in my town is common knowledge. And we don't get any grief over it either.

Anyway, yes, it sounds like you're on the right track regarding how to go about asking about their sterilisation procedures. They should be the same regardless of the patient. You can subtly remind them of this by asking about their "universal precautions".

Good luck, I hope the procedure brings you some relief.

Ann

SASA39:
This could be a good "modus operandi" :

Questions to Ask Your Doctor

Each patient and injury is unique; therefore it is important to discuss any treatment with an orthopaedic surgeon. If PRP treatment is recommended, Dr. Hall suggests asking your doctor the following to help determine if it is right for you:
1.Are there any contraindications for the method ?
2. What are possible side effects? (Examples include increased pain or inflammation at the injection site.)
3. How many injections will I receive?
4. Will there be any restrictions?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version