Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Insurance, Benefits Programs & HIV

medical records patients rights.

<< < (2/4) > >>

wolfter:
If I remember correctly, the SSA does not request paperwork from doctors unless it's a SSA doctor that they send you to.  Since it's up to you to provide any evidence to them, can't you simply exclude that report?

mitch777:

--- Quote from: wolfter on March 12, 2013, 03:46:06 PM ---If I remember correctly, the SSA does not request paperwork from doctors unless it's a SSA doctor that they send you to.  Since it's up to you to provide any evidence to them, can't you simply exclude that report?

--- End quote ---
on my first application the ssdi requested a list of my docs and got a medical report back from most of them.
i am at the appeal stage now.
(i am realizing now that this might have been better posted in the disability forum, duh... see, this is how fuzzy my brain is working. :(.)

i certainly will not be mentioning that report but am afraid that if they request reports from my ID doc, he might feel obligated to provide it.

maybe i am worried over nothing. ::)

Jeff G:
I am certain that this issue would be only a part of the whole information to be considered ... and if Im reading what you wrote about it correctly it seems as if the test was inconclusive instead of something that would help or hurt your case since its only a part of the overall report on whats going on with you . 

tednlou2:
From knowing many people signing up or getting SSDI, it was my understanding it was your right to only include information that would help your case, except for the docs they send you to.  In fact, I know a few said social security said they could request the medical reports, or they could collect it and send it.  In that case, you could just pull out info you don't want sent.  Actually, the KY SSDI office often asked patients or their lawyers to get the info, either to save them work, or because they said the doc never responded to their requests. 

Perhaps a disability lawyer would answer a quick question on the phone.  I know when I've had simple questions, lawyers would answer them. 

wolfter:
Perhaps each state processes claims differently?  I too was required to provide all the documentation in support of my claim and send all the information to our local SSA. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version