Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

for dog and cat lovers

<< < (14/22) > >>

mitch777:
and todays lesson...
Training! :)

tednlou2:
Animals take care of each other, too.  The big dog is blind.  The little dog is his seeing eye dog.  I saw them on the news. 

tednlou2:
Speaking of animals taking care of each other... I was so upset today with one of my dogs.  There was an injured bird in our yard.  It either was in some accident, or a cat got at it.  It's right eye was missing, and there was blood stained all over it.  It was also breathing so hard, obviously struggling to breathe.  I think it had a punctured lung.  It couldn't fly. 

As an animal lover, I felt so helpless.  I hated to see it suffer.  I just hated for it to suffer for hours, until its death.  Our dog has no interest in chasing and killing animals.  An hour later, it was worse than we found it.  Our dog picks it up in her mouth and then drops it.  The bird died.  I was so angry with her.  But, then I thought she saved it from suffering more.  Since she never showed any interest in killing animals before, we began to wonder whether she wanted to stop its suffering.  That's what we are going with.  We dug a small hole and buried it. 

mitch777:

--- Quote from: tednlou2 on April 04, 2013, 01:47:40 AM ---Animals take care of each other, too.  The big dog is blind.  The little dog is his seeing eye dog.  I saw them on the news. 

--- End quote ---
how cute is that?
--- Quote from: tednlou2 on April 04, 2013, 02:01:40 AM ---Speaking of animals taking care of each other... I was so upset today with one of my dogs.  There was an injured bird in our yard.  It either was in some accident, or a cat got at it.  It's right eye was missing, and there was blood stained all over it.  It was also breathing so hard, obviously struggling to breathe.  I think it had a punctured lung.  It couldn't fly. 

Since she never showed any interest in killing animals before, we began to wonder whether she wanted to stop its suffering.  That's what we are going with.   

--- End quote ---
sad, but I would go with that theory too... even it only makes us humans feel better.
the birdie's prognosis didn't sound very good. :(

WillyWump:

--- Quote from: tednlou2 on April 04, 2013, 02:01:40 AM ---  We dug a small hole and buried it.

--- End quote ---

^This is very sweet Ted, we need more animal lovers like yourself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version