Main Forums > Pre-HAART Long-Term Survivors

LTS & alone - how does one keep going?

(1/5) > >>

rwt44102:
I'm a LTS [24+ years]. I've "been there" since Day One, sorta…living in the Midwest-Ohio, AIDS took longer to get here.
Having been an AIDS activist; volunteered on HIV services council; volunteered w/ gay non-profit, etc.
I'm wondering; how does you live alone [no friends - family is distant], on disability/fixed income - no car…how do you keep from losing your mind? :o Suggestions? :D

Jeff G:
Hi Rwt . I once asked that same question and then I found this forum . I credit the forum for saving a little bit of my mind that I was loosing for the living isolated , broke and feeling like I was the only one on the planet .

I hear what you are saying and I understand how hard it must be for you to find a way out of the isolation , so while you are working on a way forward , please know that there are always people here that are willing and able to lend an ear and offer support .

Im wishing you the best . Hugs , Jeff .

Fisher:
You're a good man, RTW!

leatherman:
wherebouts in Ohio, RWT? several members are in Ohio, and I left Canton/Cleveland just a couple yrs ago and moved back to SC. When I was in Canton, I was the oldest person still living with HIV (out of a handful of 85 or so PLWHA). It was pretty lonely after all my friends and partners passed away.

--- Quote from: Jeff G on March 03, 2013, 04:27:42 PM ---I credit the forum for saving a little bit of my mind that I was loosing for the living isolated , broke and feeling like I was the only one on the planet .

--- End quote ---
I think quite a few of us LTSes came here and found a place to hang because of those same feelings. It's why I'm here.  ;) Hopefully, you'll find some camaraderie here too RWT. :D

harleymc:
Hey RWT
 welcome.

--- Quote ---how do you keep from losing your mind?
--- End quote ---

I'm the last person to ask. But at least when I lose my keys I can usually find them within a few hours.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version