Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Insurance, Benefits Programs & HIV

Ask and You Shall Receive

<< < (2/4) > >>

Jmarksto:
Oks;  I am very happy for you. One step up Maslow's hierarchy, now on to love/belonging and then self esteem....I think you have already checked the self-actualization box.

Again, good to hear,
JM

texaninnyc87:
Glad it worked out for you! I suggested HASA to one of your first posts but was shot down. I know a bunch of guys on it. It seems like its pretty easy to get arouns the 2 OI thing. I think most off the guys i know used things like herpes to qualify! glad you found a little place to call your own, even if it is...**shudders**...uptown.  8)

oksikoko:

--- Quote from: texaninnyc87 on February 23, 2013, 09:16:29 PM ---Glad it worked out for you! I suggested HASA to one of your first posts but was shot down. I know a bunch of guys on it. It seems like its pretty easy to get arouns the 2 OI thing. I think most off the guys i know used things like herpes to qualify! glad you found a little place to call your own, even if it is...**shudders**...uptown.  8)

--- End quote ---

You mean I pulled out my shameful record, both mental and physical and all I needed was herpes? ;)

"Shot down" is a little harsh. I told you I wasn't eligible. ;) This was on 1/31 here. I only say the date because that means that at that point, the reason I thought I wasn't eligible is because bum bum bum (ominous music) the place you go to told me I wasn't eligible and not to bother. ;) Can't wait to see the new doctor next week and find out how many kidneys I still have, if any.

Everyone else who said not to bother worked for nonprofits, and, in all fairness, one of them told me she wasn't sure, but she didn't think so. Those people you still go to are the only healthcare folks who said "don't bother", and really the only ones who should have known better. ;) But, what's done is done.

Actually, uptown is better because I'm above Central Park and can take the train down to midtown West easily. Do you know how hard it was to get from Alphabet City to...anywhere? I'll probably get fat, though, since I won't be walking as much.

And at least it's not Brooklyn. I really didn't want to go there. Phew... For some reason, how I look communicates some message I'm not privy to over there. I don't speak their language, but they think I'm speaking it, if that makes sense, so mis-communications ensue. Once a cab driver said "I didn't want to pick you up. You looked like you were going to Brooklyn." So I made him take me to the Bronx out of spite. I take this no Brooklyn very seriously. ;)

texaninnyc87:
I LIVE IN WILLIAMSBURG.  8)  8)  8)  8)

oksikoko:

--- Quote from: Jmarksto on February 23, 2013, 09:04:10 PM ---Oks;  I am very happy for you. One step up Maslow's hierarchy, now on to love/belonging and then self esteem....I think you have already checked the self-actualization box.

Again, good to hear,
JM

--- End quote ---

Thanks! I was gonna pick up some love and belonging on the way home. Everything's cheaper uptown. ;)

Seriously, though, everyone knows housing security is important, but unless you've not had it (I know a lot of you understand), you don't realize how pervasive the fear of having nowhere to go is. I mean, not fear, like, "oh, I'm gonna get mugged". It's a more primal fear.

As long as I don't pee in a bottle or throw garbage out the window (see above), no one's going to throw me on the street, which is not something I've been able to say for a long, long time. Having that security frees you up to think about other things. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version