Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Insurance, Benefits Programs & HIV

Ask and You Shall Receive

<< < (3/4) > >>

oksikoko:

--- Quote from: texaninnyc87 on February 23, 2013, 09:43:17 PM ---I LIVE IN WILLIAMSBURG.  8)  8)  8)  8)

--- End quote ---

Indeed. ;) If I were logged on to any apps, you'd be able to see me. ;) That whole East River thing really messes with a lot of people's hookups. Hehehe.

Miss Philicia:

--- Quote from: oksikoko on February 23, 2013, 09:46:25 PM ---Indeed. ;) If I were logged on to any apps, you'd be able to see me. ;) That whole East River thing really messes with a lot of people's hookups. Hehehe.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, because it's not like Fort Greene is closer to the Village than Harlem.  ::)

texaninnyc87:
Before I was diagnosed I never went above 14th st.

oksikoko:
Cross-town is a pain, and Ft Greene requires cross-town no matter where you're going (in Manhattan, but why would you be going anywhere else?) Up-down, as you know, is snap. Alphabet City to anywhere was not great, but I did enjoy the walking since I never had anywhere in particular to be and could take my time. ;)

For historical reasons, all of the services a gay man in crisis (lol) might need are in the Chelsea-ish region, though as far as I know, all the gays live elsewhere now. From my old place: 30-minute walk, 30+ minute train (real pain), 30+ minute cab. It's about the same timewise from the SRO, but the subway station is a block away, no transfers AND I can sit down and read or something.

But yeah, I'm gonna get real fat. Need to cut back to one banana and three pears a day. How much protein does an HIV+ guy really need, anyway? Doesn't the HIV produce any energy of its own? Lazy virus.

oksikoko:

--- Quote from: texaninnyc87 on February 23, 2013, 10:06:20 PM ---Before I was diagnosed I never went above 14th st.

--- End quote ---

You and me both. Or West of Broadway. What the hell's over there? Dragons and mermaids?

Edit: I did spend the first few days of Sandy in Harlem, but that's another story, and the East Village was closed. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version