Main Forums > I Just Tested Poz

my partner

(1/3) > >>

tommytj:
my partner has been HIV positive for 12 years,,,but wont take medications,,,AND DOES NOT HAVE HIS CD4 OR VIRAL LOAD CHECKED...its a taboo subject,I can never talk about it...even now that I have HIV,,for 1 year,,and I KNOW MY CD4 AND VIRAL LOAD,,and still its never talked about,,I just worry he will get sick,,and I have no support from him..I am just at my end ,,to tiered to deal with the situation.any advise would be appreciated ..Tommy

jkinatl2:

--- Quote from: tommytj on February 23, 2013, 01:15:44 PM ---my partner has been HIV positive for 12 years,,,but wont take medications,,,AND DOES NOT HAVE HIS CD4 OR VIRAL LOAD CHECKED...its a taboo subject,I can never talk about it...even now that I have HIV,,for 1 year,,and I KNOW MY CD4 AND VIRAL LOAD,,and still its never talked about,,I just worry he will get sick,,and I have no support from him..I am just at my end ,,to tiered to deal with the situation.any advise would be appreciated ..Tommy

--- End quote ---

I am so sorry to hear about your partner. Unless he is a rare non=progressor, he will indeed grow ill and likely die without treatment. I have a difficult time wrapping my head around why he would want to put you through that.

It's great that you are taking care of your health however. You will need to be strong for your partner when he grows weaker.

Welcome to the forums, by the way.

tommytj:
thanks jkinatlz,,,he has had a few bad flu chest infection just over the last few months,,I thought that would scare him to get checked just so we can be in control of the invisible virus,but no,,you are correct why he could put me through this and his family ,,many friends say the same,,,his only comment to me was ,,,if you take meds hope you don't get ugly,,,you see vanity that's his concern,,,but I'm in total control of my virus,,,944 CD4 but the virus load is 244678,,,my next appointment is the 22 April.

jkinatl2:

--- Quote from: tommytj on February 23, 2013, 02:18:10 PM ---thanks jkinatlz,,,he has had a few bad flu chest infection just over the last few months,,I thought that would scare him to get checked just so we can be in control of the invisible virus,but no,,you are correct why he could put me through this and his family ,,many friends say the same,,,his only comment to me was ,,,if you take meds hope you don't get ugly,,,you see vanity that's his concern,,,but I'm in total control of my virus,,,944 CD4 but the virus load is 244678,,,my next appointment is the 22 April.

--- End quote ---

The current crop of meds, you should tell him, absolutely DO NOT cause lipo. Heck, steer him to this site if you can. The treatment LESSONS here are unparalleled. Of course, if his concerns are not rational (and they really don't seem to be) then a rational argument is pretty much useless. I really am sorry - it's a terrible position to be in.

Great cd4 number by the way! How long have you been on meds? What are you taking?

My cd4 finally broke 250 this year, from a record low of 12 :)

I'm on Prezista, Isentress, Truvada and Norvir. Aside from fairly persistent GI stuff I'm pretty well sailing along uneventfully.

tommytj:
YOUR RIGHT,,,he has no rational thoughts,,now I never argue anymore ,,its a total waste of time,,,but I will be there for him if and when he gets sick.
I'm not on meds yet that will be decided in April,,I'm a little scared,,but prepared for the out come.
wow you made a big come back ,,from 12 well done,,and may it continue ; ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version