Main Forums > Someone I Care About Has HIV

Needing Some Advice: New Magnetic Relationship

<< < (7/7)

beautyface:
First, it should be said that I did not post a question in this forum with the goal of eliciting responses from positive members; quite the contrary, I had hoped to hear from non jaded negative people in serodiscordant relationships.  After everything I have read above my sentiment remains unchanged: You don't know me at all, you weren't there, you don't know what my former boyfriend was crying about, you people are incredibly presumptious, nasty, judgmental and I don't consider your counsel to at all be "tough love".  That's BS.  I can't say here what I really want to say to you JK.  I have a very low opinion of you.

Not to mention self-righteous!

Ann:

--- Quote from: beautyface on March 02, 2013, 01:52:27 PM ---First, it should be said that I did not post a question in this forum with the goal of eliciting responses from positive members; quite the contrary, I had hoped to hear from non jaded negative people in serodiscordant relationships.  After everything I have read above my sentiment remains unchanged: You don't know me at all, you weren't there, you don't know what my former boyfriend was crying about, you people are incredibly presumptious, nasty, judgmental and I don't consider your counsel to at all be "tough love".  That's BS.  I can't say here what I really want to say to you JK.  I have a very low opinion of you.

Not to mention self-righteous!

--- End quote ---

Enough of the name-calling. Freedom to post here does not mean freedom from getting replies that you don't like. If the truth hurts, that's not our fault.

Ann

jkinatl2:
Regardless o what I was crying about before, if I discovered that my significant other was afraid of getting HIV from my tears, I would certainly end up crying about THAT.

I kept typing over and over again that I was sorry that the OP has a low opinion of me.  Then I kept erasing that. Because I am not sorry for a single thing I have said on this thread pertaining to this poster. Nope.

emeraldize:
Hi BF

It is the amalgamation of observations combined with life experiences with HIV and without HIV (yep, we were all negative before we were positive) that make Ann, Jeff, JK ,MtD, MissP, Alan, RapidRod, Dachshund, Basquo, BT and on and on and on, able to make insightful posts. You've probably read the posts of beloved dead members and not even known it. For some, you walk onto a hallowed field of play here and a sliver of deference is not a bad thing.

I re-read this thread starting with your first post and there you state you love your not-too-long-to-be-partner and would like to take away his pain and by your fifth post you're noting to Mecch that it could never work as there are issues beyond the HIV that are unworkable.

To jump into a forum full of many people who are wise well beyond their calendar years and comment as you have makes for a disappointing experience for everyone -- you included.

Imagine that as we are reading what you wrote, we're all thanking our lucky stars that we have each other, supportive parents, friends and fantastic ophthalmologists who are kindhearted and helpful and whew!, not afraid of our tears (as they know we've shed many of them).

If you're going to read something, may I encourage you to re-read your posts and try to understand how it might be for someone who is HIV positive to read what you wrote. Frankly, I halted when I read that this manfriend was your first HIV positive involvement as if you foresaw more to come -- but then decided it was just phrasing. You see, I made a judgement based on sentence construction, retracted it and moved forward.

For you to write that you have a low opinion of JK assures me you've not read enough of his posts. Further, if they're still archived on his blog that was once parked on this site, that is where you should take your thirst for knowledge. You are concerned about him not knowing you, I suggest you be more concerned about entering Hogwarts here and trying to learn who the best professors are.

Leviosa!!
Em

YellowFever:

--- Quote from: Ann on March 02, 2013, 01:56:36 PM ---If the truth hurts, that's not our fault.

--- End quote ---

Amen!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version