Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Questions About Treatment & Side Effects

Shall we switch to Stribild?

(1/4) > >>

Cojo:
I saw my doctor today and he asked me out of the blue if we'd talked about switching to Stribild yet. I must admit, it took me back.

I have been taking Truvada and Isentress now for just over a year and have maintained an undetectable viral load after a quick drop in VL of 62,000 to UD in four weeks. I have had zero side effects and have no adherence issues. Sure, 1 pill, once a day seems more attractive than 3 pills over two dosage times.

I am feeling like " if it ain't broke, don't fix it", yet, I know I get anxious about the unknown and I'd hate to pass up what may be a better option.

My CD4 count has not recovered as much as would have liked and has stayed in the 330-350 range with a few outliers.

So my questions are:

- if I switched, have I now abandoned my current combo for good or could I just switch back if I cant tolerate Stribild?
-  might Stribild boost the CD4's?
- how is the side effect profile?
- what would you do?

buginme2:

--- Quote from: Cojo on February 20, 2013, 07:31:02 PM ---

So my questions are:

- if I switched, have I now abandoned my current combo for good or could I just switch back if I cant tolerate Stribild?
-  might Stribild boost the CD4's?
- how is the side effect profile?
- what would you do?

--- End quote ---

1. if.you switch you can always switch back if you choose assuming your resistance profile doesn't change.

2  people are reporting few side effects.  your doctor will monitor your kidneys closely.

3. can't say. to each their own

texaninnyc87:
Maybe i can give a little feedback?

I was diagnosed in September. In december my VL was 129,00 cd4 280 (20%). I started stribild in mid january. I experienced very mild side effects. Light nausea the first few days and a little buzzed feeling, completely manageable. I take it when i wake up in between 9 and 12 with a light breakfast. after three weeks my vl went down to 80 and my cd4 to 350 (26%). based on my results i would definitely recommend the switch to stribild. my doctor is monitoring my kidney functions but so far i havent had any issues. if you have any specific questions feel free to ask me!

mecch:

--- Quote from: texaninnyc87 on February 20, 2013, 07:48:16 PM ---Maybe i can give a little feedback?

I was diagnosed in September. In december my VL was 129,00 cd4 280 (20%). I started stribild in mid january. I experienced very mild side effects. Light nausea the first few days and a little buzzed feeling, completely manageable. I take it when i wake up in between 9 and 12 with a light breakfast. after three weeks my vl went down to 80 and my cd4 to 350 (26%). based on my results i would definitely recommend the switch to stribild. my doctor is monitoring my kidney functions but so far i havent had any issues. if you have any specific questions feel free to ask me!

--- End quote ---

Your experience has little in common with the OP.  You didn't switch from another combo.  This is your first and only.

texaninnyc87:
Duh. This is why i explained my circumstances. I was under the impression that the purpose of these forums was to share your experiences with others and hopefully help them.

Cojo, if you have any questions about my experience with Stribild please feel free to ask.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version