Main Forums > Living With HIV

Trying to guess my infection roughly

(1/3) > >>

yowsaa:
hey all,

Why i'm trying to guessitmate this is cause i seperated from my first wife in '95 and never disclosed to her when i found out years later (see bottom). I was told it was prob a year or two before i found out. That would take me back to '98 .

Two things that make me question this are how high my cd4's are now and also remember my spouse had a recurring problem of yeast infections. (mean anything... dunno).

I guess in the big scheme of things it is unimportant. Just gnaws at me sometimes. Last i heard she has remarried.

Any opinions/guesses ??
thanks

Life:
Probably could spend your "lifetime" trying to figure that one out...  Tic Tock, Tic Tock.... ;)

yowsaa:
I am gnawing of self imposed guilt for not disclosing when maybe i should have. ID doc at the time gave me the 1-2 year window so i decided against that.

Too many drunken, unprotected one night stands to even guess. Yep, won't happen to me. WRONG.

IzPoz:
When I was first diagnosed, I was told to go back 5 years and to advise those I was with during that time frame to get tested.

It's up to you, unless you know for a fact that you were negative when you married, and you remained faithful to her until you separated.

HIVworker:
You asked me for my best guess, but honestly I don't have one. I don't know enough about declining CD4 cells to be able to guess how long you are infected. I know some, but not enough for this.

Honestly, from what I have read it is very variable and I don't want to guess because you might attribute some weight to that in a manner that I can not predict. It might make you feel better, it might make you feel worse. For that reason I won't guess on this for you.

Try not to let it work on you if you can. Would it affect your feelings if you knew? I'm just curious.

Rich

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version