Main Forums > Someone I Care About Has HIV

questions of a newb

<< < (3/3)

--- Quote from: EggplantP on March 15, 2013, 06:13:57 AM ---My second question is a little more personal. Thus far, my ELISA @ 3 weeks was negative, but I still have to get tested every 3 months. I haven't had much problem in dealing with the possibility that I might be positive, although I am worried sick about his health. But I almost feel guilty that he's positive and I'm not. I know that sounds totally crazy..I don't want HIV..nobody does. I guess I feel guilty that he has to deal with this alone. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so how did you deal with it?

--- End quote ---

He doesn't have to deal with it alone, He has friends, family, doctors, and you, right??

Are you sure its *guilt" you feel?  You are not responsible for his HIV infection. 

Would you feel guilty if the two of you were bike-riding and he fell and broke his shoulder, and you were fine? I would feel sad. Concerned for him. Worried. Id be relieved it wasn't me and I wouldn't feel guilty that it wasn't me.
I don't get where the guilt feeling comes in.   Its normal enough to feel at wits end in your situation. But if you think again, maybe its not guilt you are feeling...

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version