Main Forums > Someone I Care About Has HIV

questions of a newb

<< < (3/3)

mecch:

--- Quote from: EggplantP on March 15, 2013, 06:13:57 AM ---My second question is a little more personal. Thus far, my ELISA @ 3 weeks was negative, but I still have to get tested every 3 months. I haven't had much problem in dealing with the possibility that I might be positive, although I am worried sick about his health. But I almost feel guilty that he's positive and I'm not. I know that sounds totally crazy..I don't want HIV..nobody does. I guess I feel guilty that he has to deal with this alone. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so how did you deal with it?

--- End quote ---

He doesn't have to deal with it alone, He has friends, family, doctors, and you, right??

Are you sure its *guilt" you feel?  You are not responsible for his HIV infection. 

Would you feel guilty if the two of you were bike-riding and he fell and broke his shoulder, and you were fine? I would feel sad. Concerned for him. Worried. Id be relieved it wasn't me and I wouldn't feel guilty that it wasn't me.

I don't get where the guilt feeling comes in.   Its normal enough to feel at wits end in your situation. But if you think again, maybe its not guilt you are feeling...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version