POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2014, 07:12:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 640606
  • Total Topics: 48657
  • Online Today: 240
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: This Guilt is killing me!  (Read 900 times)

Offline MyLifeImLiving

This Guilt is killing me!
« on: February 17, 2013, 05:35:50 PM »
I recently tested HIV positive and I unknowingly transferred it to a person I had been courting at the time. I told him before hand that I had been exposed to the virus from my past lover and that there was a chance that I could be infected and he proceeded to insisting on having unprotected ex with me. Once I found out I told them and someone ended up in a relationship with them. This is the most unhealthiest relationship in the world and it literally killing me because of all the unneeded stress involved with it. even though i expressed it open and honestly at the beginning of the relationship that I was exposed to it I still feel somewhat guilty for infecting them with the virus and it is the only reason why I am still in relationship i know I don't want to and shouldn't be in.
Is it wrong for me to want to move and move forward with my life if I'm not happy and this person is holding me back. why do i feel obligated to stay with this person for the rest of my life unhappily since i infected them.. how do i tell them after infecting them with hiv that its over and im moving on?

Offline surf18

Re: This Guilt is killing me!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 07:01:09 PM »
Dude your free to leave. You did your job,you told the guy you could be exposed to HIV. He was ok with raw sex. Its not like you tricked him and didnt tell him. Its like I dont blame whoever infected me. I made the choice to go raw and the infection is on me and no on else . Just like his infection is on him and not on you. So lose the guilt and move on and have a happy life.

Offline tednlou2

Re: This Guilt is killing me!
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 01:18:18 AM »
Once I found out I told them and someone ended up in a relationship with them.

I am a little confused.  Did he get into a relationship with someone else, and infect that person?  You start out using the pronoun "him," but then you change to "them."  Are there two people you feel responsible for their infections?

Whatever the case, you told him you may very well be infected.  Besides that, everyone must assume their partner is positive.  If there is another person in the mix, you are no way responsible for that.  He chose to have unprotected sex.  I would see things a little differently, if you knew your status and lied about it.  It would still be up to him to protect himself.   

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.