Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Questions About Treatment & Side Effects

Husbands Med Options.

<< < (2/2)

CandyO:
We met with the I.D. doctor on monday.Med change from Viread, Zidovudine,and isentress to Truvada and Isentress.We will see how this goes.

newt:
Have they done a new resistance test?

- matt

CandyO:
Yes they did.This time the Genosure assay states he is resistant to Stavudine and Zidovudine(Which is one med he has been taking)Efavirenz and nevirapine.Today is day five.He is having the "swimmy" head he has with every med change.Some gagging in the mornings I am sure from the Viread component of truvada.No appetite but so far he is having an easier time tolerating these meds.
Thanks Newt>
Susan

CandyO:
Latest GenoSure 2/27/13 Update.
Mutations are as follows

K103KN
P225H
V1181
T215F/Y

NRTI Resistant to

Stavudine(Zerit)
Zidovudine(Retrovir)He has been taking this since 2010

NNRTI Resistant to
Efavirenz(Sustiva)
Nevirapine(Viramune)

PI resistance
NONE
Today is day 6 of Truvada and Isentress(Isentress was started a year ago)
His viral load began to rise in labwork done in november.And in this lates lab work it had risen to 7950.
CD4's
I hope this combo helps him go undetectable and brings his appetite back.
He has went to the same clinic since 2004 and in all that time we had never met his doctor until I asked to visit with him.I told him of my concerns with the azt being in the mix and asked if there would be something else my husband could try.I asked him about Truvada since my husband also had Hep.B in the late 70's.

I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for being the strong and mighty warriors and friends that you are to me.
CandyO

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version