Main Forums > Living With HIV

Louisville Poz Inmate Charged With Attempted Murder For Urine

<< < (3/6) > >>

mitch777:
I just sent the "news" station an email.
Ugh!  :(

tednlou2:
I am once again writing letters to the stations and the jail.  I'm writing some of my former coworkers who still work there.  Another station I worked at did not report this story. 

I wish I was already engaged in the poz community, so we could protest the attempted murder charge.  Gays have the Fairness Campaign here, that I would assume would get involved in a discrimination case against the LGBT community.  I don't know of an organized group for people with HIV.  The station issue is one thing, but the attempted murder charge has bothered me, since the original charge.  I just didn't know what to do, besides writing letters.

oksikoko:

--- Quote from: tednlou2 on July 25, 2013, 06:03:35 PM ---I don't know of an organized group for people with HIV.

--- End quote ---

ACT UP? I should probably join locally, but I haven't. There was a small contingent protesting the mayoral forum on HIV/AIDS I went to. Is anyone on here a member? I don't see anyone talk about this much.

Habersham:
I was in ACT UP in Philadelphia back in my salad days. I think we had a Berger roast. Then I branched off into volunteering at an ASO. I turned the anger over to the next generation.

ON the urine throwing topic - my friends in healthcare have urine thrown at them all the time. It's very popular in ERs and nursing homes. They just wash their face unless they need stitches on the head. It's part of dealing with angry people.

oksikoko:

--- Quote from: Habersham on July 25, 2013, 08:42:40 PM ---I was in ACT UP in Philadelphia back in my salad days. I think we had a Berger roast. Then I branched off into volunteering at an ASO. I turned the anger over to the next generation.

ON the urine throwing topic - my friends in healthcare have urine thrown at them all the time. It's very popular in ERs and nursing homes. They just wash their face unless they need stitches on the head. It's part of dealing with angry people.

--- End quote ---

Is anyone angry these days or did that go out of fashion with birkenstocks? ;)

I'd say they throw urine because it's the only means of communication they have left that anyone still listens to. I understand the inclination.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version