Main Forums > Living With HIV

Regularly missing meds

<< < (6/8) > >>

littleprince:
I'm on the same meds and take them in the morning. I find that I don't need to eat a full meal but just something at least to prevent nausea. Most mornings I'll just have some fruit or maybe a yogurt and I never have problems.

I find the morning is the best for me because I know that 99% of the time I will be at home then. I never know in the evening because I might go out straight from work and not get home till late.

Here's my secret to never forgetting. The last dose I missed was 1.5 years ago. I link the act of taking the tablets to something physical that you won't forget. For me I charge my phone on my bedside table and turn on my bedside table lamp every morning when I wake. I have a very strict rule of never moving my phone from my bedroom or turning off my lamp unless I have taken my tables. My routine is to take my tablets and then turn off the lamp and pick up my phone.

Many times I can't actually remember taking the tablets because it is so routine now. But if I check that the lamp is off and my phone is in another room I know I've taken them. The phone is a good thing to link to because I can't leave the house without it. Even if I forget to take my tablets I have to go and get my phone on the way out which reminds me. The lamp is a good back up because I always turn all the lights off before leaving the house. Even if I forget my phone I'll see the light on and remember to take my tablets.

You'll have to find something that works for you but linking it to actions or tasks that you have to do makes it easy to remember.

randym431:
Good thing you're not seeing my doctor(s). They would bitch-slap you quite repeatedly. The only difference with horror stories from others my doctor treats, and my non eventful story is simple adherence, according to my doc.
They call me the adherence poster boy. And results say it all.
Adherence is the whole ballgame.

DrewEm:
I am really anal about my meds - every day between 18.00 and 18.30. I always have a dose in my briefcase, my coat and my backpack "just in case". The Norvir, Truvada, Prezista regiment is pretty easy and all it requires is a light snack to activate the digestive acids in the stomach - eat a candy bar or some crackers.

I've been doing it this way since July 2010 with no issues.

Alan_B:
To the folks saying 'just have them with a light snack' it's not an option.

I've been making a huge effort to make sure I do not miss them and I'm getting back on track. Timing isn't great but sure that's just the way it has to be.

leatherman:

--- Quote from: Alan_B on February 19, 2013, 11:59:10 AM ---To the folks saying 'just have them with a light snack' it's not an option.

--- End quote ---
do you mean because you need more food to deal with them or because you don't always have time for the food?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version