Main Forums > Living With HIV

The Railroad and the Extra Board

(1/2) > >>

DrewEm:
I had dinner with a friend earlier this evening who happens to work for a freight railroad. He will be going on meds soon as his numbers are falling. One of the things we discussed was when I took my meds (daily at noonish). I have a stable office job with flextime so for me compliance isn't an issue.

He works for a freight railroad on the train working as called - meaning he has no set schedule. He isn't always awake at the same time day to day. So we were trying to figure out what he could do.

Anyone else here like him? The airline industry must be similar. He doesn't have enough eniority to hold a scheduled job so that option is out.

newt:
Go for a combination with no or few food restrictions that has a wide margin on timing, eg Prezista + 2 nukes. This will give at least a 4 hour time slot, probably wider, and needs little food eg a sandwich, snack bar, half a carton of milk.

- matt

Ann:

--- Quote from: newt on February 05, 2013, 05:35:10 AM --- half a carton of milk.

--- End quote ---

I just thought I'd mention that a "half carton of milk" to a Yank would probably mean at least a half quart. You don't really commonly find pint-sized cartons of milk in the US like you do here in the UK. Most Yanks buy their milk in half gallon cartons or gallon plastic jugs. :)

newt:

--- Quote ---You don't really commonly find pint-sized cartons of milk in the US
--- End quote ---

I was gonna say cup, but that is a tiddly little bone china tea drinking thing in England and best part of pint's worth in America.

- matt

Ann:

--- Quote from: newt on February 05, 2013, 06:41:41 AM ---I was gonna say cup, but that is a tiddly little bone china tea drinking thing in England and best part of pint's worth in America.

- matt

--- End quote ---

;D

I had visions of Yanks thinking you meant they should drink a quarter of a gallon of milk. I love milk and drink it with most meals, but that amount in one go is off-putting even to me!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version