HIV Prevention and Testing > Am I Infected?

I think I'm in trouble.

<< < (2/5) > >>

Ann:
2much,

The only luck you need is luck in getting over the fact that you were never at risk for hiv and the fact that you do NOT have hiv.

Don't wait for your latest negative test results, go book a doctor appointment NOW to get to the bottom of what, if anything, is actually going on.

Ann

Testingway2much:
Thanks Ann, but i can't schedule with Doc just yet.   Need to be sure this isn't HIV first.  Doc is my family Doc, and is very close to me and my wife.

It seems like every day, I am just happy to get to spend "one more day" with my wife and kids, before the inevitable fact that I am positive comes out, and they all leave me. 

I can only imagine how it is for those for all that have been definitively dx'd + and all they have had to overcome.  My situation has not been confirmed, and I am already in a very, very dark place. 

Regardless how my diagnosis turns out, I will NEVER forgive myself for getting my family into this mess.

Thanks for listening.

Ann:
2much,

Look dude, you should already be "sure" you don't have hiv. For argument's sake, lets say you engaged in the absolute highest risk - unprotected receptive anal intercourse with someone who is known to be hiv positive but not on meds.

You have tested hiv negative FAR outside the testing window period, and - for argument's sake - even if you had the highest risk on the chart, you'd still be conclusively hiv negative.

The vast majority of people who have actually been infected will seroconvert and test positive by SIX WEEKS, with the average time to seroconversion being only 22 days. A six week negative must be confirmed at the three month point, but is highly unlikely to change.

You don't have hiv. You were never at risk in the first place.

f you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

--- Quote ---
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

--- End quote ---

Please consider yourself warned!

Ann

Testingway2much:
Ann,

Certainly not looking to get banned.  My last post was simply me sharing my thoughts.  I understand exactly what you are saying.

But the fact that my symptoms have shown up so late, (too late to be EBV or anything of the sort as well) coupled with the fact that my "conclusive tests" are only shown to have 84-93 percent sensitivity (the Oraquick home).  It leads me to some doubts...

If I were exposed, it would only be to a very small amount of virus....  (Rather than the large amount from the UAI that u describe.  This smaller inoculation may have taken more time to multiply and prompt an immune response, hence my (potentially late) seroconversion.

I do not want to get banned, or timed out.  I'll not say anything further until I have some good (or bad) news for you,,and to offer our thanks for allowing me to vent during this difficult time.

Testingway2much:
Update:  no surprise to you.  Blood sample Home Access test at day 140 = negative!

So to sum up:  low/very low risk event, 9 oraquick home tests (with questionable sensitivity) between day 94 and day 138 post "exposure"; and now... Blood test (with proven high sensitivity) at day 140.

All negative.

Perhaps all of you people that know more about HIV transmission than I do we're right all along.

Is it possible that I am simply guilt plagued, anxiety/OCD driven, and paranoid?

Apparently so.

Ann, I thank you for your patience, directness, and consistency of message.

You have helped me during a very difficult time.

I'm gonna schedule that Doc visit to find out WTF is actually wrong with me.

Thanks again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version