Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

Marriage Protection Amendment

<< < (3/3)

aztecan:
Ann Coulter was on the "Today Show" yesterday. After about two minutes, I turned the set off.

What a waste of space - not to mention a self-aggrandizing cow.

Mark

Lisa:
I have a feeling that Coulter will go the way of the Dixie Chicks, after the totally fucked-up shit she said about the Sept.11, widows.
After her books get a nice flame going, I'd love to toss her on top.
    ........or lynch her.
Crazy bitch! >:(

Terry:
Dear Mr. Terry ******:
Thank you for contacting me regarding the Marriage Protection Amendment (S.J.Res.1), which would amend the U.S. Constitution to prohibit same-sex marriage. I appreciate hearing from you, and I share your opposition to this proposal.
You will be pleased to know that on June 7, 2006, I joined 47 of my Senate colleagues in voting against limiting debate on S.J.Res.1, which effectively killed the amendment.
This unnecessary, divisive debate was nothing more than a cynical election-year ploy. The Senate should be using its time to work on the serious issues Americans face today, including the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan , rising gas prices, and the need for affordable healthcare.
Furthermore, S.J.Res.1 would have undermined the states' right to regulate marriage and provide benefits for all their citizens. I believe that states should retain the right to regulate marriage, partnerships, or unions as the states see fit. I also believe that our Constitution should never be used to restrict the rights and freedoms that define our nation.

Again, thank you for writing to me. Please feel free to contact me again about any issue of importance to you.

Barbara Boxer
United States Senator

Please visit my website at "http://boxer.senate.gov"

::) ::)

As I have said before, I could care less about who wants to marry whom. However if any person feels it's important to them, then they have the right to do what makes them happy.

It burns my butt when these so called Christians push their rules/values on other people wether they like it or not.

Terry  :'(

AlanBama:
Terry,

You are so lucky to have Barbara Boxer for a senator.   I like her response to you!

Alan

ademas:
anyone catch Bill Bennett on The Daily Show on this topic?

He got skewered pretty good by Jon Stewart.

http://onegoodmove.org/1gm/

(the clip is about halfway down the page.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version