Main Forums > I Just Tested Poz

Poz after screening

(1/2) > >>

sumboy:
Hi all,
Had ulcers on my genital the other day so I decided to visit the doctors because I thought I had herpes. Did a screening and it shows that I am reactive for HIV. :/. I decided to go on a second screening and see how that goes. But I pretty much have settled that am poz. I've been calm taking it all in. Still is. Just soaking up everything I could get whle waiting for the second result. I should be fine poz or not. I hope so.
i think ive made my peace for now. Being in Malaysia, will not be the best part of the world to be tested positive but i'll fight through. :)

Cheers

YellowFever:
Welcome to the forums. It's shitty that you're here. That said, like you, I'm a recently diagnosed pozzie and living in Malaysia too. True, its not the best place in the world to be HIV+, then again no place is. Have you gotten in touch with someone from the PT Foundation? If not, I highly recommend that you drop them an email or go visit their centre.

http://www.ptfmalaysia.org/

leatherman:

--- Quote from: sumboy on February 02, 2013, 02:33:29 PM ---Did a screening and it shows that I am reactive for HIV. :/. I decided to go on a second screening and see how that goes. But I pretty much have settled that am poz.

--- End quote ---
A second screening is not the answer. After an initial positive test, you need to have a Western Blot blood test done to confirm that you are actually HIV infected.  ;)

sumboy:
Just got positive on CMIA and got referred to go to the hospital. Will try to head there as soon as possible to check on my status. Thank you guys for the support :)

sumboy:
Just gotten my results after much test. CD4 is 411. According to the dr I will not need treatment yet but he see me needing it this year. Is it possible to determine the period I got infected?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version