Main Forums > Living With HIV

Yet another poo topic...

(1/6) > >>

LoboDog:
Sorry for yet another one... but I don't know who else to share this with...

When I was diagnosed in 2009, I had a month long stint of diarrhea. I had AIDS at the time. The first year was hell... My numbers came back up, but my first doc (may he rot in hell) put me on Kaletra. My diarrhea just got worse and worse. After I switched docs and started Atripla, and avoided lactose, things got a lot better. But it was no where near normal.

After 4 years of diarrhea, I finally had a normal bm... I never in my life thought I would be happy about having a solid poo, but oh my god... what an experience. I finally have hope that I will be able to do things without plotting out where the nearest bathroom is. There are soooo many things that you just can't do when you don't trust your digestive system.

Well, sorry for boring you with my gross post... but I just needed to share this tiny little victory.

Anqueetas:
I feel for you, I took Kaletra for a month and it was hell. I need to look for toilet before I took Kaletra, because I will need to poo within an hour.  Cheers for good health to you. Right now I have sinusitis for about 3 weeks now, horrible for me.

darryaz:
One of the nurses at my ID doc's office made a joke once about using Kaletra as a laxative.

I was lucky, I was only on it for a couple of months.

Miss Philicia:
Just curious -- didn't you guys use imodium/loperamide when on Kaletra? I think I took 8-10/day but at least it prevented daily diarrhea.

weasel:

I'm on Novier <sp>   Truvada  <sp > ,   Presiseta  <sp >

I CRAP LIKE A NORMAL PERSON !!!!!!!

YUP !   AFTER 7 YEARS  ON THE TOILET   I CAN NOW GO TO
WALL-MART AND NOT WORRY ABOUT TRAVELING 38 MILES AND HAVING
TO STOP AND CRAP INN A BUCKET  :o

If your MEDS make you have   diarrhea    GET TO THE I.D. DOCTOR AND TELL THEM TO  CHANGE YOUR MEDS !

I WAITED 7 YEARS , I WAS AFRAID !!!!!    HOW STUPID WAS THAT ?
 I FEEL SUPER DUPER NOW  :)

NOT ALL ISSUES ARE GOOD , BUT I CAN GO OUT WITH OUT A POOP STOP  :o

Weasel .

P.S.   Just got back from a   300 mile round  trip to my I.D, Doctor  ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version