CD4 Only Needed Once A Year When UD, Another Study Says

(1/11) > >>

tednlou2:
http://www.poz.com/articles/CD4_screen_761_23415.shtml

elf:
I don't know...
This may be cost-cuttting influenced.

Newguy:
I was diagnosed last year and I decided to make own system regarding doctors appointments. Instead of going to see the doctor every three months which I hate, he gave me a stack of blood requisition forms. I can walk in to any blood drawing lab clinic and get my panel done. I due this every six months or so. The deal is that if there is a problem my doctor will call and he hasn't called yet so I assume everything is going alright. I have no idea what my numbers are. But I kinda of like it this way. He said it is a new approach but he respects my wishes and totally supports it. As long as I take my meds, he said there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

In a strange way it kinda of normalizes the experience, like I don't really have HIV but I do? Popping the pills is fine but when I go to the doctor that is when it hits me that I really have HIV.

Best to all!

mitch777:

--- Quote from: elf on February 01, 2013, 06:28:04 PM ---I don't know...
This may be cost-cuttting influenced.

--- End quote ---
ageed 100% ^ (this)

side note to Newguy...
if you are comfortable in your choice, i can not fault you, but i only hope that this study does not lead to ANY sort of cost cutting clampdown from insurance companies.
also, many hiv+ people don't have the best relationship with their health care provider.

Newguy:
I am all about cost cutting as long as it does not jeopardize the quality of care to the patient. There is really no reason to see my doctor, he simply just reads the results to  me. This causes unnecessary anxiety. The real therapy is in the meds, they are doing the job. The doctor is just confirming that they are working.

I see this study as great news for people with HIV infection. It certainly makes me feel a lot better.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version