Main Forums > Living With HIV

What's your Job? Run a business? Work full time?

<< < (2/9) > >>

oksikoko:
Unemployed, and the consequences are killing me. I would kill to reduce my stress by having two jobs. ;)

Anqueetas:
I'm about to graduate from my university in a month, I practically lost without a job or purpose. Without a career, the stress and anxiety of not have anything to do and no purpose in life, scared me the most. I hope I will get a job soon, any job!

I would take no less than 5 days a week 8am till 5pm.

phildinftlaudy:
Currently I work for a large college - scheduled hours are 8 am -4:30 pm (5 days a week) - but I am salary and with various projects (all on deadlines), I usually work 6 days a week (approx. 54 hrs per).... Although, last year a major project had me going for close to 70 hours a week for 70 days straight....

I am also in graduate school - so that takes about another 20-25 hours per week of studying and doing assignments.

Typical day begins at 5:30 a.m. and ends around 11:00 p.m. (in addition to doing some regular work and school work, I also use the weekends to catch up on laundry, grocery shopping, errands, ironing shirts for work week, cleaning house, etc). I have also started back up on doing my family's geneology (which take a bit of time to research)... back to the year 1500 right now.

I tend to do better when I am busy - and when I overdo it, my body is VERY quick to let me know.  I manage to get out for few Coronas (usually in between activities or on Friday evenings- which is the night I try to give myself to relax a bit).

** The above is probably why I a) look forward to Friday evenings and b) why I am looking forward to my vacation to London in April.  :D

Dachshund:

--- Quote from: phildinftlaudy on February 01, 2013, 01:21:05 PM ---Currently I work for a large college - scheduled hours are 8 am -4:30 pm (5 days a week) - but I am salary and with various projects (all on deadlines), I usually work 6 days a week (approx. 54 hrs per).... Although, last year a major project had me going for close to 70 hours a week for 70 days straight....

I am also in graduate school - so that takes about another 20-25 hours per week of studying and doing assignments.

Typical day begins at 5:30 a.m. and ends around 11:00 p.m. (in addition to doing some regular work and school work, I also use the weekends to catch up on laundry, grocery shopping, errands, ironing shirts for work week, cleaning house, etc). I have also started back up on doing my family's geneology (which take a bit of time to research)... back to the year 1500 right now.

I tend to do better when I am busy - and when I overdo it, my body is VERY quick to let me know.  I manage to get out for few Coronas (usually in between activities or on Friday evenings- which is the night I try to give myself to relax a bit).

** The above is probably why I a) look forward to Friday evenings and b) why I am looking forward to my vacation to London in April.  :D

--- End quote ---

Slacker ;D

phildinftlaudy:

--- Quote from: Dachshund on February 01, 2013, 01:28:54 PM ---Slacker ;D

--- End quote ---

::)
I know... I know... that is what I am doing right now... slacking...
But, I had meetings all morning off campus and have been working on budgets, logic models, and evaluation plans for multiple projects --- and I just had a Subway sub (so, I am having the afternoon slumps) - ready for this work day to be over.... I can almost taste the Coronas... (they are a calling 'Phil, Phil... come to us... come to us...')   ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version