Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Insurance, Benefits Programs & HIV

NYC Shelter Information

<< < (3/3)

texaninnyc87:
Weird! They've been so great with me. Everyone there has been super nice and helpful. I was actually referred there by the GMHC, which is where i got my western blot. Hmmm i guess it really is a different journey for everyone!

oksikoko:
Thanks, Miss Philicia! I'll look into Comprehensive Care. Not for this, it's too immediate. But I'll have time on my hands with nowhere to go next week. ;) I've actually been looking for some way to see a dentist.

texaninnyc87, it sounds like you have enough on your own plate. My advice: always put more back than you think you can. Even if it's $5 extra dollars a week.

Mt. Sinai: Yeah, I didn't understand it either. I can be a dick as much as the next guy (well, more), but I've been as nice as possible since I'm basically begging everywhere I go. I'm getting charity fatigue, but they were the first people I saw, so I was fresh. ;) I hate going there, so I don't. They always tell me to wait, wait, and I don't have anymore time to wait. I told them the situation on 11/20/2012. It's almost February. The doctor I'm supposed to see is there too, but he's on the other side. He saw me when I had insurance and agreed to see me under this new paradigm.

I'm sure that it was something I did or said wrong that screwed up Mt. Sinai's interest or ability to work with me, but I'll need to focus on that after next week. Right now, I want to improve my shelter list while I'm still in a location I've paid for. ;) In other words, I'd like to focus on my salad now. Hehe...

I seem to have hijacked my own thread, haha. The topic here is HIV-positive/LGBT-friendly shelters. :)

oksikoko:
Follow-up: I made some more calls, and it sounds like it doesn't matter and that one is as good as the other. But you have to go through intake anyway, so I guess if I tell them, they wouldn't send me someplace known to be bad for people like me.

Thanks, everyone. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version