Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Questions About Treatment & Side Effects

Isentress+Truvada Vomiting

(1/3) > >>

indianguy1984:
I went to work today and popped Isentress+Truvada at 10am. 1 hour later, I am starting to fell like puking. I didn't have breakfast - okay, just juice and a muesli bar.

By 12 noon, I am running to the toilet to puke - nothing comes out - just air. 1pm - I start to try to eat something.

It's now 6pm - even after eating, the thought of food makes me want to puke, my head hurts as well.

This is my first day on this combination. I can't quit because I bought 12 months supply of medication to save money.

emeraldize:
So, the good news is, you didn't puke the dose, but it also wasn't fun.
Tomorrow morning, drop the juice and go with water. Muesli bar seems fine.

If you have more queasy stuff, call the doc or pharmacist and find out if you can get an anti-nausea med.

Experiment with what works well in your tummy. How about some oatmeal first, then the meds?

It's been my experience that anything acidic in the a.m. along with meds, like OJ or tea, can sometimes (infrequently) induce a wave of nausea.

You're also likely pre-psyched about this -- more than you might realize. I'm betting it will get better. Make sure you take enough water with your meds.

I'm on your regimen and I take it on an empty stomach or a full stomach without problems.

Newguy:
Where did you buy a 12 month supply of this medication? Is it cheaper in other countries?

indianguy1984:
NewGuy> Yeah it's cheaper for me - but I think for it is not worth it as you need to factor in travel and hotel for you. For me, in my country, I do not have a choice as the charges for medication where I live is nuts and no insurer covers for HIV. It's common for HIV patients where I am from to fly out to get their medications.

Em> Yeah, getting better today. Realized I need to eat something otherwise I'm going to get the nausea. My "lovely" doctor just told me to suck it up and stop whining. Sigh. Yeah, perhaps it's just experimenting which foods to eat.

Thanks! :)

emeraldize:

--- Quote from: indianguy1984 on January 31, 2013, 03:58:50 AM ---Em> Yeah, getting better today. Realized I need to eat something otherwise I'm going to get the nausea. My "lovely" doctor just told me to suck it up and stop whining. Sigh. Yeah, perhaps it's just experimenting which foods to eat.

Thanks! :)

--- End quote ---

What a crummy thing to say to a patient!  Glad it's better today.  And, yes, experimenting helps. Think about laying down a blanket in your tummy for a pill to land on (the image makes it easier to take the time to sail food down first).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version