Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

A new policy for the Boyscouts?

<< < (14/14)

Joe K:
So far, I remain unimpressed by the actions of the BSA.  Rather than coming out against any discrimination at the national level, they are simply offering the "option" of accepting gay folks at the local level.  What message is it that they are sending?

I think it goes something like this: "We've lost untold revenue because of our gay ban, so if we change the national policy, nobody can claim we discriminate against gays, because we don't... at least not at the national level."  Problem solved.

Not impressed at all.

Joe

denb45:
Growing up in the Holly Roller/Evangelical church we were required to give @ least 15% to 20% of our income, if you could not do this @ least 10% was the norm  :)

but this guy, is just plain "CHEAP" both Bob & I always tip @ least 20 to 25% around  town, now-a-days isn't this considered the norm all over  ;D

Miss Philicia:

--- Quote from: killfoile on January 30, 2013, 02:10:47 PM ---So far, I remain unimpressed by the actions of the BSA.  Rather than coming out against any discrimination at the national level, they are simply offering the "option" of accepting gay folks at the local level.  What message is it that they are sending?

I think it goes something like this: "We've lost untold revenue because of our gay ban, so if we change the national policy, nobody can claim we discriminate against gays, because we don't... at least not at the national level."  Problem solved.

Not impressed at all.

Joe

--- End quote ---

Social change is generally incremental. First you get to eat at a lunch counter, then later you get to vote. It sucks but that's just the way it works.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version