Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

A new policy for the Boyscouts?

<< < (2/14) > >>

drewm:

--- Quote from: WillyWump on January 28, 2013, 07:00:41 PM ---This is Excellent news, as just 7months ago the national level reaffirmed its commitment to the ban. So yet another block of discrimination comes tumbling down. Bravo. Although it will be interesting to see what the local level does.

-W

--- End quote ---

Are you signing up?

WillyWump:

--- Quote from: drewm on January 28, 2013, 07:05:41 PM ---Are you signing up?

--- End quote ---

Cute. I'll have you know I was a Boy Scout, and made it to Webolos before I grew tired of it. Also, my Pine box car placed 3rd in the Derby.

Miss Philicia:
I quit the boy scouts after two weeks, when they attempted to make me learn to make knots in ropes and play football.

As if!

B
O
R
I
N
G

Not to mention where I grew up being in Boy Scouts/Weeblos after a certain age was a sure sign of Loserdom.

leatherman:

--- Quote from: WillyWump on January 28, 2013, 07:00:41 PM ---Although it will be interesting to see what the local level does.

--- End quote ---
it'll definitely be interesting to see how many Methodist, Presbyterian and Baptist churches (which all disavow homosexuality as a grievous sin) quit hosting facilities for the Boy Scouts, when the Scouts quit discriminating, or whether they continue to discriminate against gays on the sly. ;)

WillyWump:

--- Quote from: leatherman on January 28, 2013, 07:23:52 PM ---it'll definitely be interesting to see how many Methodist, Presbyterian and Baptist (which all disavow homosexuality as a grievous sin)

--- End quote ---

You don't even know what your talking about half the time, My church which is one of the largest Methodists churches in San Antonio http://www.travispark.org/mission, does not disavow homosexuality and as matter of fact many of the ministerial staff are gay, as is half the congregation. The UMC, in conjunction with Reconciling Ministries Network http://www.rmnetwork.org/  PFLAG, and Believe Out Loud is making great strides in this area of inclusion for all. I believe the Presbyterians are as well, though not sure. Baptist probably not.

So, see, not ALL disavow Homosexuality. Do your homework.

-W

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version