Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

A new policy for the Boyscouts?

(1/14) > >>

mitch777:
Seems as though the Boyscouts are finally rethinking their policy on sexual orientation.
Decision to be made as early as next week at the national level.
Unfortunately, it looks as though local chapters can still be A**hOles if they wish.
Sorry, no link.
Saw the report on MNSBC this afternoon.

leatherman:
considering how most Boy Scouts organizations in the US have been intertwined with religious organizations, and nearly all religious organizations have tenets against homosexuality, I've never understood why anyone was surprised (or cared) that the Boy Scouts ousted homosexuals. I've always thought a non-religion-affiliated Boy Scouts should have been created by someone to combat this issue.

jkinatl2:

--- Quote from: leatherman on January 28, 2013, 05:06:26 PM --- I've always thought a non-religion-affiliated Boy Scouts should have been created by someone to combat this issue.

--- End quote ---

That's the sad part. No one created any viable alternative to the Boy Scouts. Not on a national level, at any rate. Certainly not one as entrenched in favor (and favors) with local and regional infrastructure.

mecch:

--- Quote from: jkinatl2 on January 28, 2013, 05:25:35 PM ---That's the sad part. No one created any viable alternative to the Boy Scouts. Not on a national level, at any rate. Certainly not one as entrenched in favor (and favors) with local and regional infrastructure.

--- End quote ---

Indian Guides had a good run when I was a kid.  I loved it.  It was very hippy dippy and quite campy.....

WillyWump:
This is Excellent news, as just 7months ago the national level reaffirmed its commitment to the ban. So yet another block of discrimination comes tumbling down. Bravo. Although it will be interesting to see what the local level does.

-W

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version