Main Forums > Pre-HAART Long-Term Survivors

I have a hiatail herrina with a b-ring

(1/3) > >>

denb45:
Well I did a (EGD) Upper Endoscospy this late Fall, so , here are the results and what they found, I have a (hiatal hernia) with a b-ring  :(

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/178393-overview

this occurs when a portion of the stomach prolapses through the diaphragmatic esophageal hiatus....so now we know why It's hard for me to swallow and why I have all of this acid-reflux (GERD)   :-[

so this Friday @ 7AM they want to do another (EGD) with dialation, where they will insert a balloon and pop the hernia back in place  ???

I'm hoping that this procedure will help alleviate some of my prolonged gut problems, (GERD) and swallowing problems I now have....

wish me luck  :-[  The only risk to this is perforation, but I here it's kinda null and hardly ever happens at all   :(

mitch777:
denb,
doesn't sound like a good time to me but if the can fix it, it might make a world of difference.
also nice to get a diagnosis.
best of luck!
m.

aztecan:
Hey Dennis,

Doesn't sound like fun, but I hope it solves the problem.

Positive energy heading your way.

HUGS,

Mark

Jeff G:
Hi Den and welcome back . Im wishing you the best with the procedure your having , take care and let us know how you are doing .

J.R.E.:

Good to hear from you Dennis.  Ed and I are wishing you the best this coming Friday.

Good luck to you, let us know how everything goes.

Ray

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version