Off Topic Forums > Forums Gatherings

AMG Chicago Attendance

<< < (17/33) > >>

Jody:
Hey Mitch, I hope you and other folks do get to do AMG'13 in Chicago and enjoy all the wonderful times I have had over the years with a great bunch of people.  I would have loved to meet you and your partner, I believe you live in CT maybe we can hook up one of these days.  I hope to get back on the horse for 2014 for sure.

It seems that there is enough consensus and enough people who have agreed to go.

Rock on AMG's.

Jody :)

aztecan:
OK, hotel reservations made, email confirmation received.

Train reservations made, email confirmation received.

I am good to go!

HUGS,

Mark

Lou-ah-vull:
I haven't forgotten you guys.  I still have a major work conflict on Saturday smack dab in the middle of AMG.  I have been checking airfares and it looks like for $230 roundtrip I could leave Chicago early Saturday morning (7:30 ORD) and get to Louisville in time for my obligation.  I could possibly get a 4:30 flight back that afternoon or more realistically (and less of a white knuckle ride) at 6:30 pm and arriving an hour later in Chicago.  This way I can arrive Thursday afternoon and depart for home on Tuesday.  Before I commit to this additional expense, I need to be sure that we schedule the memorial service for Sunday rather than Saturday.  I assume the M&G is Friday, but if it is Saturday I can arrive fashionably late. 

Organizers...would this be OK (primarily my request to have Memorial anytime on Sunday.)  I hate to miss whatever happens on Saturday, but I will be back in the early evening (wait for me!!) 

I don't know how long the tickets for the Saturday up and back will stay at $230 so a quick response will be appreciated.  I REALLY want to come to AMG and this is the only way I can make it work this year.

Gary

P.S.  Vacation in Las Vegas next week (Tuesday through Saturday)  Everytime I look at the Stratosphere (how can you miss it--tallest building in town) I think of our alternate AMG there, especially our jumpers!  I will toast you all (and perhaps even post in the forum) when on the Strip.

WillyWump:

--- Quote from: Lou-ah-vull on April 24, 2013, 05:24:55 PM ---I haven't forgotten you guys.  I still have a major work conflict on Saturday smack dab in the middle of AMG.  I have been checking airfares and it looks like for $230 roundtrip I could leave Chicago early Saturday morning (7:30 ORD) and get to Louisville in time for my obligation.  I could possibly get a 4:30 flight back that afternoon or more realistically (and less of a white knuckle ride) at 6:30 pm and arriving an hour later in Chicago.  This way I can arrive Thursday afternoon and depart for home on Tuesday.  Before I commit to this additional expense, I need to be sure that we schedule the memorial service for Sunday rather than Saturday.  I assume the M&G is Friday, but if it is Saturday I can arrive fashionably late. 

Organizers...would this be OK (primarily my request to have Memorial anytime on Sunday.)  I hate to miss whatever happens on Saturday, but I will be back in the early evening (wait for me!!) 

I don't know how long the tickets for the Saturday up and back will stay at $230 so a quick response will be appreciated.  I REALLY want to come to AMG and this is the only way I can make it work this year.

Gary

--- End quote ---

Gary,

I don't see any problem at all with having the Memorial Service on a Sunday, especially since we haven't really started the planning on it yet.

and of course, what would a Memorial Service be without our beloved Gary at the helm  ;)

I would say go ahead and plan your business for Saturday.

I'll holler at Dennis and Phil and advise them of this as well.

-Will

Lou-ah-vull:
You are my hero!  Will toast you in Vegas next week!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version