Main Forums > Living With HIV

Started Complera This Morning

<< < (2/2)

WindySkies:

--- Quote from: Anqueetas on January 27, 2013, 11:09:18 PM ---You might want to try Atripla, you don't need food with it. Stribilid still require some food along with the pill. Other combo require you to take several pill. You can switch later when you feel like you can eat, Atripla have side effect and you might want to check that first.

Good luck to you and get well soon. :)

--- End quote ---

I'm on Stribild and I sometimes take it with a couple of oranges, or even an egg whites omelet, both of which are well under 150 calories.  So while Stribild does require some food with it, at least it wont cause all the mental and dream issues that Atripla does.

jaybirdz:
can't get no assistance or insurance won't pay for Stribild. I can't take Atripla cause I have an allergy too it. Complera is doing great right now. Don't have no side effects at all.

WindySkies:

--- Quote from: jaybirdz on January 28, 2013, 02:24:52 PM ---can't get no assistance or insurance won't pay for Stribild. I can't take Atripla cause I have an allergy too it. Complera is doing great right now. Don't have no side effects at all.

--- End quote ---

I took the same course of starting with Complera and them switched to Stribild.  What's funny is that the copay for the Stribild was less then it was for Complera, even though it's a newer pill!  Doesn't matter to me either way though since I'm using the co-pay assistance card to cover the co-pay.

You'll do fine with Complera.  After about 24 days us using it, my CD4 went from 730 to 929, and viral load went from 57,000 to 80.  I had zero side effects as well.  For the meal I was taking it with, I would have an egg beater omelet with low fat cheese, and a wheat bagel with non-fat cream cheese.  That was just about 400 calories and still healthy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version